SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2008, 07:35 PM
San diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
B-25 is looking sweet gramps!..hmmm......
Looks tiny next to that beast!
FlyJumper is offline Find More Posts by FlyJumper
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2008, 08:34 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
The start of a plug next to the F-86 is for a 53" ws B-25 that I will be doing for Vegas. But that's not a pusher and shouldn't be in here.

J
J- awesome!!! i can't wait! man, its scary how similar our tastes overlap! (though i'm sure most of us would love to have the airforce you've accumulated). no way i can keep up with you man! i'm still working on the Cougar & Panther. got the B-25 in early stages of CAD. can't wait to see what you come up with. have you already started the thread?
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old May 12, 2008, 08:44 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,101 Posts
beanie, cant wait for the cougar. i must say, it shares 1st place for all around best pusher jet with the skyray. it accualy flys very similar to the skyray, has a great shape, and ive yet to find a bad habbit. ask J, i was doing down wind cobra's, at certain points, it was accualy going backwards! i flew the piss out of it at SEFF. what a great bird it is. only the skyray can rival it. although, with a rudder, i think the cougar could knife edge, whereas the skyray will not by all means....continue on with the cougar!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,354 Posts
My EDF Drone Ray knife edges
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old May 12, 2008, 08:54 PM
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
beanie, cant wait for the cougar. i must say, it shares 1st place for all around best pusher jet with the skyray. it accualy flys very similar to the skyray, has a great shape, and ive yet to find a bad habbit. ask J, i was doing down wind cobra's, at certain points, it was accualy going backwards! i flew the piss out of it at SEFF. what a great bird it is. only the skyray can rival it. although, with a rudder, i think the cougar could knife edge, whereas the skyray will not by all means....continue on with the cougar!
CN- do you think you'll be going out to SEFF again next year? when the dates for it are solidified, i'm gonna try and block some time to get out there. sounds like you guys had a huge blast. i sorely miss being there to take pics of all the planes... esp the ones you fly. you are like photographer's dream come true: great speeds an angles during fly-by's close in. awesome! truly a gifted pilot. hope you can make it to vegas if the baby timing works out.
-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Old May 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,101 Posts
well, my wife sounds pretty cooperative,so hopefully it all works out. not 100% sure about next years SEFF, depends on LS i guess! sense i cant afford to send myself back there! but i sure will give vegas my best effort! that is a really fun event.

is your cougar about the same size as J's? hmm....maybe a real big one, so i can use a 90mm fan......
Old May 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,370 Posts
Hey beanie,
The B-25 is from a Mark Rittinger plan but enlarged 25%. His was 42" ws for speed 400 motors. This one is 53" and haven't really nailed down what I will use motor wise yet. It should come in somewhere about 50 oz or so.
Mark's plan is a pretty basic stright forward build. I add detail to scale it up. All his stuff does fly well too. I built the 42" several years ago and flew it on a couple of cheap GWS motor/GB's. Lost it to an engine out, yep engine out in an electric. During a low level pass one of the GB( plastic gears) stripped. The prop quit and the other motor thrust just flipped it over on her back and she went straight in. I was going to try different motors in it but never got the chance. It only had about a dozen flights on it when it went in.
It wasn't my best build, I hurried it alot so I wasn't too upset. But after seeing Hanger 9's B-25 at SEFF, wow! Need to have my own again.
You'll enjoy the Cougar. Like Brent said, he was doing things with it that hadn't even been invented in the 50's!

Nut,
You had better make Vegas or you'll miss all the new planes!
Did you notice the nose on the 25? It's going to be a "G" model with the 75 mm cannon in the nose!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old May 12, 2008, 10:40 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,101 Posts
yeah, but i thought it was a H model? in any case...those were some bad mtohers with that huge cannon.

yeah i know! come hell, high water, or hormones...ill give it my damndest to be there.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,101 Posts
this is the H model gramps. which is the G model?
Old May 12, 2008, 10:55 PM
San diego, Ca.
Joined Jun 2006
1,436 Posts
J, great start on the sabre..... How will you stiffen the fuse after it's been glassed and hollowed? Bulkheads?
FlyJumper is offline Find More Posts by FlyJumper
Old May 12, 2008, 10:56 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,101 Posts
i guess this is a G..whats the differance eh? they look pretty similar...either way..they both packed a nasty punch!
Old May 13, 2008, 06:34 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,370 Posts
FJ
Yes, the fuse will get 1/8" lite ply bulkheads. I may cut the plug after doing the FG work to make sure I get correct cross sections. Then I can just glue it back together if I want to do another fuse.

Nut,
There looks to be about a million different variations. They moved the top turret around, back to front. The rear gun was either there or left completely off. It seems the G and H model were so much alike that I can hardly tell the difference.Your pic shows one with the rear gun. I have a plastic model kit with the C model glass nose that is painted over and no rear gun. So they did alot of different mods to all the variants. I think you can stick about anything anywhere on it and still be scale.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2008, 06:38 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,501 Posts
Man, with a gun like that up front, I'd be afraid to fire it. Recoil would stop her dead in her tracks and kill all forward airspeed.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old May 13, 2008, 06:57 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,370 Posts
Yeah Tony, it had to be a real trip just to fire it. But can you imagine being on the receiving end!

J
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2008, 07:34 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,501 Posts
Don't even want to think about it!!!

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing