HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2008, 09:06 AM
pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
577 Posts
Awesome shot Woody!

So what's the general consensus on the 260?
Have you flown it enuff to give us a flight report? (sorry if you already have and I missed it)

p.s. I would love to see some video of you putting this bird thru its paces! Is that on the cards?

Cheers

Mick
Coonak is offline Find More Posts by Coonak
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2008, 01:57 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by king160woody
Just a snap from today
You can get lower than that Woody JK...nice flying
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Jan 13, 2008, 04:04 PM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
and everyone yells LOWER!!!
brian94066 is offline Find More Posts by brian94066
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:59 PM
Jordan "Woody" King
Joined Jan 2006
526 Posts
Yea, Lower! I need to make sure this plane makes it to the Arizona Electric Festival in one piece! haha I'm going to get more stick time tomorrow and still fine tune it. I've been changing motors and this and that so I'm not real used to this plane yet. I will be making a video of this plane and hopefully it turns out pretty good

Woody
king160woody is offline Find More Posts by king160woody
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:19 PM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Yea, Lower! I need to make sure this plane makes it to the Arizona Electric Festival in one piece! haha I'm going to get more stick time tomorrow and still fine tune it. I've been changing motors and this and that so I'm not real used to this plane yet. I will be making a video of this plane and hopefully it turns out pretty good

Woody
yeah i need to get used to mine too

it doesn't fly like a foamy, the guys at my field who tried their hands on it said that it actually fies like 55"+ span plane
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:34 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Quote:

Woody
Ok..so lets here some of the info on the motors! I am going to try the 2215 this coming weekend. So far I have only used the 3014...lots of raw power
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:39 PM
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2003
1,655 Posts
This are perfect for this plane-

Hacker 20-20l
scorpion 2215-18
AXI 2217/16
Turnigy 2217 16turn

Here for links to them- http://www.3dxhobbies.com/BRUSHLESS_MOTORS_s/51.htm
furyflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by furyflyer2
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2008, 01:10 AM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
I am going to try the Scorpion 3008 as well! I will keep everyone posted!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2008, 07:28 PM
Bay City, Michigan
Joined Sep 2006
749 Posts
Build Questions

OK, After I glued on the wing doubler and the top front doubler, I was testing putting the fuse skin on the crutch assembly and noticed that there was no where for the crutch to fit between the two pieces. This should be marked in the manual that this should not be glued and will need to be removed. I had glue on mine and it was tough to get out.

It is not clear from the instructions where the crutch bottom should go. Where did you put yours? The instructions needs a more detailed picture. Some of the pictures I have see of other builds is that theirs had a smaller step cut out. Was that something you did or was this modified later on?

I have finished gluing the lower fuselage skin on and was wondering if you had to pull in both sides of the fuse quite a bit like I had to to get the fuse side to touch the lower fuse skin? I was afraid that I was going to break the fuse sides I had to pull them so far and was wondering how this will hold up for the long run with all this pressure trying to pull apart the glue joint? And it looks like one side has pulled in farther than the other so now the frame is not symmetrical. I noticed that if you look at the fuse from the front that the fuse is slightly cocked. I wonder if now my wing is going to be crooked in relation to the fuse and the horizontal stabilizer?

Do you run in to any of these issues building our 260?

Thanks in advance.
msprygada is offline Find More Posts by msprygada
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
New Jersey
Joined Oct 2003
1,655 Posts
I see the problem you used the fuse bottom on top and the top fuse cover on the bottom. Also you emailed me and asked me to send you some scrape foam, because the foam you got in the kit was lost or misplaced. So I think had you had the right parts that were misplaced your fuse may have not turned out that way. For the large number of these planes out there no one has had any issues with the build or manual and I believe you got a beta kit as well..
furyflyer2 is offline Find More Posts by furyflyer2
Site Sponsor
Last edited by furyflyer2; Jan 14, 2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:31 PM
Bay City, Michigan
Joined Sep 2006
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyflyer2
I see the problem you used the fuse bottom on top and the top fuse cover on the bottom. Also you emailed me and asked me to send you some scrape foam, because the foam you got in the kit was lost or misplaced. So I think had you had the right parts that were misplaced your fuse may have not turned out that way. For the large number of these planes out there no one has had any issues with the build or manual and I believe you got a beta kit as well..
Yes, it was a beta kit. Do you think it will still fly OK?
msprygada is offline Find More Posts by msprygada
Old Jan 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
jfv
Bridgewater, NJ
Joined Aug 2004
794 Posts
Well I see a couple of things first off. The kit you got was a very early one. Was it a beta kit? The missing gap has been corrected as well as the additional mounting notch for the rear bottom spreader. You can just glue the spreader the way you have it shown. With regard to the issue of having to pull the fuse bottom sides together there is no need for that as the sides at the bottom are parallel. It looks like you put the fuse bottom skin on the top instead of the bottom and used the canopy top skin on the bottom. Don't know what to tell you. The pieces got to go where they belong. If you look at the pictures in the manual you will see that the fuse bottom is not pulled together. That should have given you a clue. The reason we send out beta kits is to resolve some of the minor problems with the assembly. Of all the kits we have had the least questions on this one.
jfv is offline Find More Posts by jfv
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:52 PM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
I am going to try the Scorpion 3008 as well! I will keep everyone posted!
having great fun with my 3008-32
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:36 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Wow we past 10000 views!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:39 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msprygada
Yes, it was a beta kit. Do you think it will still fly OK?
It will be fine! Just be careful with the balance...the fuse being a hair off will not affect the performance...more important will be the placement of the wings and tail.

As for anyone else out there building an Extra...take your time and make sure that your left and right side fuse skin match up...that way you won't run into an issue with a crooked fuse Use the balsa as a guide!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bighead93; Jan 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM.