HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
[QUOTE=AllBread]I've got the new TP Pro Lite V2 1350's which are 20c rated and I've also got some of the usual 2100 Pro Lites. The Edge in my Avatar generally takes the 25c 2200's or 20c 2600's so those might be too heavy. Either way, it sounds like I have plenty and batteries and the right power system to get into this plane for just the cost of the kit. Maybe I'll pick one up at SEFF>

I have used packs up to 3S 2500 30C...no problem!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:26 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread
I've got the new TP Pro Lite V2 1350's which are 20c rated and I've also got some of the usual 2100 Pro Lites. The Edge in my Avatar generally takes the 25c 2200's or 20c 2600's so those might be too heavy. Either way, it sounds like I have plenty and batteries and the right power system to get into this plane for just the cost of the kit. Maybe I'll pick one up at SEFF>
That's new! (1350v2) Not even on their site yet Sounds like they will be a good match, what do they weigh an what is their C rating? The 2100 prolites are going to be perfect too, alright, looks like you're golden! Getting into it for the cost of the kit is a real bonus, this thing is cheap! (as in inexpensive) Goes together quite easily too, just make sure not to impart any twist in the fuse when gluing it together (we've seen it happen a couple of times)

Quote:
It's been delayed by a lack of funding.
Damn you economic crisis!!!
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Apr 29, 2009, 02:27 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
Where'd you get a picture of my plane??
That is off the Real Flight website
Old Apr 29, 2009, 03:21 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Never mind, I found some 1350's elsewhere.

Wonder why they are not on tp's site.

86 grams, rated 20C continuous 40C burst and reasonably priced. Kinda makes you go Hmmm though. Wonder if the ratings hold true and if they have as good a cycle life as original prolites.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 03:48 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,819 Posts
Just looked also - 105 of the 122 cycles on my TP 2100 prolite were in the AF 260. Still going strong!
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:48 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
Just looked also - 105 of the 122 cycles on my TP 2100 prolite were in the AF 260. Still going strong!
NICE! I have a couple of those I may sell if your interested! Been using the Tenergy 2200 25C lately...oh yeah that and I bought 10 of them! Hit me up on a PM...I will give you a good deal
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:22 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
The good ol' prolites were pretty amazing, I still have loads of them in service and very rarely do I ever retire one. I have some that are over 3 years old and I can't tell them apart from the newer ones in flight. My 2100's are "being all they can be" too; I use them on my Katana MD and PA 260 both of which way 35-36oz and draw a bit over 30A

I wouldn't have expected even a "premium" lipo to endure that much. It's a shame many people aren't exactly having the same experience with their more expensive extremes.

Those 1350's are mighty tempting at that price though, if those ratings are true, that is an unprecedented mix of power, light weight and capacity. Almost too good to be true
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:30 PM
Like a boss!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2007
1,769 Posts
The Pro Lite V2 batteries are pretty sweet and a step up in available power in my opinion. I have a 900mah Pro Lite v2 that was easily holding 11 V in a 165w system (15a) and getting 8 minutes of 3D flight. I haven't had it or the the 1350 long enough to attest to their staying power, but I've been flying the Pro Lite V2 2600 3 cells for awhile in the Edge and they are holding up great. I haven't pushed the 1350 too hard yet but I'll throw it in some bigger planes at SEFF and see how much power it can put out.
AllBread is offline Find More Posts by AllBread
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:34 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
The good ol' prolites were pretty amazing, I still have loads of them in service and very rarely do I ever retire one. I have some that are over 3 years old and I can't tell them apart from the newer ones in flight. My 2100's are "being all they can be" too; I use them on my Katana MD and PA 260 both of which way 35-36oz and draw a bit over 30A

I wouldn't have expected even a "premium" lipo to endure that much. It's a shame many people aren't exactly having the same experience with their more expensive extremes.

Those 1350's are mighty tempting at that price though, if those ratings are true, that is an unprecedented mix of power, light weight and capacity. Almost too good to be true
Yeah the really do great with the Airfoilz! I fly about 10 minutes or so on them...never out of balance and never have puffed or even gotten warm!
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:00 PM
Bay City, Michigan
Joined Sep 2006
750 Posts
Quote:
Allright, I gotta get one of these planes. I've got some HS-55's, some TP 1350's and a couple of 160 watt power systems - think that will get me there? I've also got a larger Torque motor (2830T/1095) I could use.
The 160 watt motor will be way too under powered. I have both the Yak profile and the Extra 260 and the Yak is perfect on 200 watts with the Hacker 20/20L using the TP 1320 prolites and is one of my favorite planes to fly.

I tried the Torque20T/1030 (same power as the Hacker) in the 260 and it could barely pull out of a hover so I put in the Torque 1095 and then the problem is that the 1320's could not handle the amps and the capacity would leave you with 4 minute flights. So then I put in my 2200's and then the plane became heavy, 26 ozs I believe and then I did not like the way it flew. Too heavy on the wing. The Yak and the Extra 260 have the exact same wing but the Extra with the full fuse adds more weight and is not as much fun to fly as the Yak or as lightly wing loaded. The Yak profile is perfect for the size of wing, 200 watt motor, and 1320 batteries.

I don't even have the parts in my 260 any longer and if you lived near me I would give it to you. I will have a profile Yak for as long as they have them (I guess they are going to stop making them) but until they modify the full fuse plane wings to add more sq inches, I will not buy another one. My Addiction weighs the same as my 260 with the Torque 1095 and 2200's and the Addiction is a far better 3D plane than the Extra 260.
msprygada is offline Find More Posts by msprygada
Old May 02, 2009, 11:25 PM
Joined Apr 2005
1,005 Posts
Late to join this thread, but I've got my 260 flying and really am enjoying it.

I've got a Chinese knock-off of the H20-20L; It might be able to do 3D but with a field elevation of 5500 ft, I haven't seen any indication yet that it is happy with the idea. Cool. I just want to do aerobatics.

I did find that my 1250-1350 packs have to go forward of the landing gear to get the CG where it should be; I extended the battery tray and opened a hatch to let me put the packs where they need to go. That's worked very well, even with light packs around 100 g. Also added a tailwheel (wonder why the CG went aft?) and that's been nice. As it's set up with the 20-20L and 10x4.7 prop it has been a real pleasure to fly...it'll fly as slow as a Slow Stick, but it is very happy to do all the aerobatics I can manage.

I wanted a plane that would work in the park I normally fly from and it is just doing great in that respect. I have to take off and land from a fairly tight area on the sidelines, and it handles that very nicely. It NEEDS to be fairly slow to let me keep it exactly where it needs to be (away from kids on the field), but it also needs enough power to play with, and it has that. I've got a 3530 in reserve, but I don't think I'll use it...I'd have to go to a higher-capacity pack and everything would change...but not in a way that I really need.

So, yea for the 260 and I'm really thinking that some other Airfoilz would be a good thing to have.
roidspop is offline Find More Posts by roidspop
Old May 03, 2009, 01:43 AM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roidspop
Late to join this thread, but I've got my 260 flying and really am enjoying it.

I've got a Chinese knock-off of the H20-20L; It might be able to do 3D but with a field elevation of 5500 ft, I haven't seen any indication yet that it is happy with the idea. Cool. I just want to do aerobatics.

I did find that my 1250-1350 packs have to go forward of the landing gear to get the CG where it should be; I extended the battery tray and opened a hatch to let me put the packs where they need to go. That's worked very well, even with light packs around 100 g. Also added a tailwheel (wonder why the CG went aft?) and that's been nice. As it's set up with the 20-20L and 10x4.7 prop it has been a real pleasure to fly...it'll fly as slow as a Slow Stick, but it is very happy to do all the aerobatics I can manage.

I wanted a plane that would work in the park I normally fly from and it is just doing great in that respect. I have to take off and land from a fairly tight area on the sidelines, and it handles that very nicely. It NEEDS to be fairly slow to let me keep it exactly where it needs to be (away from kids on the field), but it also needs enough power to play with, and it has that. I've got a 3530 in reserve, but I don't think I'll use it...I'd have to go to a higher-capacity pack and everything would change...but not in a way that I really need.

So, yea for the 260 and I'm really thinking that some other Airfoilz would be a good thing to have.
Welcome! The Yak 54 can run the same gear you have in your Extra! The Yak and Extra are both great tight area flyers
Old May 03, 2009, 02:19 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
They were $22 at SEFF with a trade in
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old May 03, 2009, 02:36 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
gee way to rub it in there bildo!

Old May 08, 2009, 04:13 PM
AKA Amraam
Newcastle, England
Joined Feb 2007
640 Posts
Will these LiPos be suitable? Or would I need a 35A ESC?
Plane Hazza is offline Find More Posts by Plane Hazza