HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:38 AM
TR Denizli
Joined Aug 2008
40 Posts
Davecrash the side view of the model in the above pic, front and mid part of the fuse not changed, only aft become shallow, I think remained depth enough for reciever and esc, furthermore esc can be located: one face of the esc look to inner fuse the opposite side of esc look to outward for efffective cooling.

at first I thought as you for wings, because of the I plan to use aileron servo and this mean extra weight, then I decided to remove swing servo.

Why I wan to fix wing: I watched videos Maybz and others wonderfull pilotage.
I use aeroflyPD sim, I can try deltawing foam profil pusher prop F14 on only FMS and I can not control it (I know the FMS is different from AFPD and she fly wonderfull in videos). When I building the model, I would do as orginal but in any case I fly with the open wing position for a while.
ucanibo is offline Find More Posts by ucanibo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,711 Posts
Wing Sweep Control Help Needed

I want to add my kudos to Maybz for developing such an elegant design for a great model!

Plans are downloaded and Depron is ordered for models for me and my son, but I've hit an impasse.

We both have Futaba T8UAP transmitters and after much study of the manual I can't for the life of me figure out how to program either of the three position switches on the set (C or G) to control the wing sweep. I would prefer not to have to use the Flap rotary knob for this function.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who could enlighten us either here or by PM.

TIA,

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:52 PM
United States, LA, Blanchard
Joined Jan 2006
789 Posts
number 9

throught i would share F-14 number 9..seems after i get a few flights on one, someone at the feild wants to buy it.lol...also some pics of another progecti'm working on..
randynsaudi is offline Find More Posts by randynsaudi
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:26 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
That is nicely done. WOW. Good job.
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:27 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randynsaudi
throught i would share F-14 number 9..seems after i get a few flights on one, someone at the feild wants to buy it.lol...also some pics of another progecti'm working on..
Both projects look great! 9 huh? No wonder Depron is so hard to get!

Whatcha using for the gray paint? I'm planning that look for the top of mine.

Ted
Old Jan 15, 2009, 03:54 AM
Joined Jan 2006
789 Posts
paint

Testers model paint in the spary can.. will not hurt foam
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:44 AM
It's a trap!
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randynsaudi
Testers model paint in the spary can.. will not hurt foam
Which ones are they? I thought Testor spraypaints were only enamels? I know Tamiya make foam-safe acrylic spraypaints. Testors do a line of brush-on acrylics - http://www.testors.com/category/1378...odern_Military

For a Tomcat, you'll want either Gull Grey or Ghost Grey, depending on which era you are going for.
GotrekGurnisson is offline Find More Posts by GotrekGurnisson
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:46 AM
Joined Jan 2006
789 Posts
paint

My mistake it's Tamiya not Testors.. to many paints..also their are brands of enamels i get from my local hardware store that does'nt hurt Depron foam..i'm always looking for paint and test on a scrap peice first..don't like the waterbase kryon stuff. does'nt go on very well..takes too heavy a coat
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:50 PM
In Rc for a LONG TIME FFAA#1
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2004
1,375 Posts
what motor from hobby city would work the best for this plane i have tower pros but they need at least a 8 -10 prop i am looking for at least a 2300kv motor 3s power, as i have the plane al cut but i like to make sure i have the right power plant for the plane, thanks

jim
laserman is offline Find More Posts by laserman
Old Jan 15, 2009, 01:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,373 Posts
FWIW, I've used Testors enamel model spray paint (both the regular kind and Model Masters brand) on all types of foam without issue. That includes 6mm and 3mm depron, GWS EPS, and Elapor/EPP. The only thing to remember is to keep the spray can at least 12" away from the surface being painted and spray in light coats.

However, I have even gotten globs of paint on by mistake before, and it still didn't eat the foam. I'm a firm believer in the fact that it's the propellant that eats foam, not the paint itself.

BTW, the best place to get Testors rattle cans are the craft stores like Michael's, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby (craft store, not the RC store in TN). They're usually about $1 cheaper than at the LHS.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:28 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,711 Posts
Knock, Knock

Anyone home? Is anyone building / flying recently?

Son finished cutting out templates yesterday, and I built a hot wire foam cutter last night. Plan is to start disfiguring depron today! We are still waiting on delivery of electronic components (should arrive this week), so we should be ready to build shortly.

BTW, if you didn't get the e-mail from H-L, they have the SR9320MG 20g METAL GEAR BALL BEARING SERVO on sale right now for $12.90. Saw in an earlier post that some had used this for the wing sweep and don't recall any unfavorable feedback so I ordered 3 for our builds. Any users care to update your experience with these before we install ours? I wonder why they have been discontinued?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:35 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,373 Posts
I had pulled my motor/ESC out of the F-14 for another project, but managed to stock up on motors/ESCs recently. Now that the AZ Electric Fest is over, I need to get power back in the F-14, and then finish her up as far as decals/paint goes.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:30 PM
More Trim
Raleigh NC
Joined Jan 2007
505 Posts
Well I have my jet done but not have had a chance to fly it yet bummer. But as the weather clears it will be time.
More Trim is offline Find More Posts by More Trim
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:04 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
Anyone home? Is anyone building / flying recently?

Son finished cutting out templates yesterday, and I built a hot wire foam cutter last night. Plan is to start disfiguring depron today! We are still waiting on delivery of electronic components (should arrive this week), so we should be ready to build shortly.

BTW, if you didn't get the e-mail from H-L, they have the SR9320MG 20g METAL GEAR BALL BEARING SERVO on sale right now for $12.90. Saw in an earlier post that some had used this for the wing sweep and don't recall any unfavorable feedback so I ordered 3 for our builds. Any users care to update your experience with these before we install ours? I wonder why they have been discontinued?

The HobbyCity version of the 9320 was very bad. I think someone along the line substituted junk for the good ones.

You should check the centering etc before installing into the plane to make sure they are good ones.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,680 Posts
Anyone interested in a box of parts ?

Let me explain.

I had a damaged box returned back when I wasnt insuring them :-(
It had mostly Good parts but a few were definitely bad, some dents on one side.

Plus I have some replacements from a CNC test cutting where the edges
were a bit shaggy.

I've put together enough parts from those two piles
to get a full set of less then 1st class parts for an MDC F-14.

It costs me nearly $7 just to ship so whadaya think $20 shipped price !?!?!

anyone ?
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay