HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2007, 11:10 AM
Joined Oct 2007
13 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 4#3 reception problem

I recently bought the walkera 4#3 micro heli, only to have no chance to fly it as either the 4 in 1 or the tx are not working properly. I am new to the hobby so it may be user error, so please be sure to point out if I am doing anything wrong here.

The transmitter is turned on and then the battery on the heli is plugged in, most of the time I get a slow red blinking light, after much adjusting and luck it usually begins to blink faster, then initializes at some point. However, this is short lived as it stays connected for a period of time, then suddenly disconnects for no apparent reason, usually within a minute time frame. This is performed on full batteries on both the transmitter and the heli with no success to various setups of the antenna, I have let it dangle freely, put it through a straw, left it around the skids and nothing seems to work. Usually when it disconnects if I point the transmitter directly at the heli it connects, only to have it glitching like mad, with the rotors spinning without any control and the servos twitching.

It seems that the TX when moved in various directions makes it disconnect as well. I have tried this from various ranges and the results remain to be the same.

The heli is brand new so nothing has been modified on it. I cannot with any confidence fly this heli as I fear as soon as I get it into the air I will lose my connection only to have it crash on me.

Any experience with such a problem? Does any other 4#3 owners have any advice or experience with this? Any help is appreciated.
FeralMetal is offline Find More Posts by FeralMetal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2007, 11:41 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
try fiddeling the crystals.

Let us know how it goes.
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old Nov 07, 2007, 02:16 PM
Joined Oct 2007
13 Posts
Um sorry, how exactly would one do this? Keep in mind I am new to the whole rc thing
Old Nov 07, 2007, 02:45 PM
Joined Oct 2007
13 Posts
I fiddled with them, it actually seems ok now, but why would that cause such a problem?
Old Nov 07, 2007, 02:48 PM
Reno, NV
Joined Dec 2005
1,001 Posts
If a crystal is making intermittent contact, it's like turning the Tx on and off. Sometimes you have to spread the legs of the crystals a little to make them tighter in their sockets.

-JT
jtspin is offline Find More Posts by jtspin