HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2002, 05:14 PM
Tyler,Texas
Joined Nov 2001
162 Posts
Yippee!
Pinnacle by e-flite

Has any one tryed the new Pinnacle Variable rate peak prediction charger?

I bought one yesterday and charged every battery pack I have .
From 4 cells to 10 cells. some I descharged first .some I just stuck a simple charge on. this is a very good charger for the price baring anything unfarseen.

John
big-john-48 is offline Find More Posts by big-john-48
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2002, 02:46 PM
No Dear its not a new one
Joined Nov 2001
2,505 Posts
Do you have a link? I'd like to check it out.
hotairflyer is offline Find More Posts by hotairflyer
Old Dec 13, 2002, 03:43 PM
Navarre,Fl
Joined Dec 2001
146 Posts
Pinnacle from e-flite is sold thru Horizon Hobbies or your local dealer. Information should be on Horizons web site.(horizonhobbys.com)

I have used it up to the advertised 14 cells with no problems. For the money it is a great charger.

Steve R.
rojos is offline Find More Posts by rojos
Old Dec 13, 2002, 09:05 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Jul 2001
407 Posts
can you give us any specs on this charger? Manual link is down at Horizon--what can it discharge at, does it display mah in and out, voltages, etc? Thanks, Mike.
mscj is offline Find More Posts by mscj
Old Dec 13, 2002, 10:39 PM
Tyler,Texas
Joined Nov 2001
162 Posts
e-flite --pinnacle

Dc 1-14 cells .charges trikle charges and discharges 1-14 cell packs. ni-cad and ni-mh compatable. Voltage booster to DC 28V. Variable charge rate: 200ma-500ma. 16-bit processor with high-resolution display features

hope this helps John
big-john-48 is offline Find More Posts by big-john-48
Old Dec 14, 2002, 02:30 AM
Mostly in Norman, OK
Joined May 2002
1,868 Posts
I'll move over a thread I started earlier ... consolidated everything.

For the Pinnacle, variable charge rate from 200mA to 5A, you can select Charge, Discharge, Dischage-then-charge, or direct trickle routines. Trickle is set at 150mA though.

There's a 3 position slider switch that lets you display V, I or mAH on the LCD panel, during it will flash between the curent reading and the cell count. Cell count is done automatically, and so far I haven't had a problem. Dischage is done to .9V per cell and from what I've seen looks to be a 4ohm load. There's also a fan that's on all the time - can be noisy in a quite room. I seems better at charging packs that I get false peaking on the GWS charger.

Couple of unanswered Q's:

* No mention of charging time-out
* it's 28V at the output - you should be able to charge more than 14 cell packs?

Also available is the Apex, a basic peak charger with 3 charge rates, 400, 750, 1500mAh for 6 or 7 cell pack. Has a nice super-brite blue LED and loud beeper to announce end of charge. Kinda expensive though a $34+
Peter Khor is offline Find More Posts by Peter Khor
Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:12 PM
Boise Gowen Fld, Idaho, United States
Joined Feb 2003
618 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread. I was wondering if anyone has tried more than 14 cell packs ? I would try this but dont have a pack that large.

Sometimes my Pinnacle will drop a cell from its count after discharge but the count comes back after some juice is added to the pack. This is the only thing that I have found wrong with this charger and I have put many cells through it.
fixwingagain is offline Find More Posts by fixwingagain