HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2007, 05:10 PM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta152
Also, can anyone tell me where the chunk of steel that I found in my box belongs?
Larry
Could you maybe post a pic of it?
Hypoxic is offline Find More Posts by Hypoxic
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2007, 06:06 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxic
Could you maybe post a pic of it?
I will see if I remember how to post pictures. If not, I will try later.

If they work notice the epoxy on one side.

Thanking you guys in advance for your efforts in trying to solve my mystery.

Larry
Ta152 is offline Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:38 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
No, I never had one of those in my kit-maybe someone can help?

Pretty much done with carving the pilot,he needs to be coated with WBPU then painted now.
Poor quality pics are from my Flycam One in artificial light (at work)

Well, he'll do I think.
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:47 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton
No, I never had one of those in my kit-maybe someone can help?

Pretty much done with carving the pilot,he needs to be coated with WBPU then painted now.
Poor quality pics are from my Flycam One in artificial light (at work)

Well, he'll do I think.
Matt that's incredible. How did you learn to do that?
Larry
Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:04 PM
VP-56
Westerville,Ohio
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
TA152

The steel is glued in the top of the fuse.I just got my Corsair but the fuse was broken where the wing fits in.Happened during shipping.I have to send UH pix of the damage.Will have pix if needed.
buzzliteyear is offline Find More Posts by buzzliteyear
Last edited by buzzliteyear; Nov 16, 2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: mistake
Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:25 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,343 Posts
Interesting...
I didn't have steel like that in my box either. That looks like a pretty serious chunk of stock metal you have there.

Actually, it kind of looks like lead the way it's marred on one side.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 02:32 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzliteyear
TA152

The steel is glued in the bottom of the fuse.I just got my Corsair but the fuse was broken where the wing fits in.Happened during shipping.I have to send UH pix of the damage.
How badly broken was it?

One of my wingtips was broken where the aileron ends. Just where you have that little triangle piece of wing sticking out to finish the curve of the wing tip.... I just glued it back. But that was pretty minimal damage.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 05:20 AM
VP-56
Westerville,Ohio
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
The fuse was broken in 2 halves the wing is cracked.Now UH wants pix of the damaged box.I hope they don't delay this any longer.The piece of iron is suppose to be glued on the top of the fuse right before cowling.
Last edited by buzzliteyear; Nov 16, 2007 at 05:26 AM. Reason: pix
Old Nov 16, 2007, 06:40 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,909 Posts
Buzz- I hope you get it replaced soon! Sorry to seewhat happened..

Ok, test flying report:

It's great!!!

Did a flight wheels on, then off.It took off from a small car park next to a fire station no problem, the flew it around the park.
Very sunny, clear skies, about 10 degrees celcius ambient.Windspeed, about 2-3 mph.Perfect conditions!!

It looks superb in the sky, can do aerobatic stuff fairly easy, though I have been spoilt with my E-Flite Jug and vertical climbs, but I'm not dissapointed at all.
It handles smoothly,is almost silent,just a little whistle.

I needed some up trim, my fault, I always test new planes with down trim,at least it won't flick on take off, just 2 clicks.

Loops easy, 4 point rolls are a cinch.The rudder isn't too powerful, but my model is just a tad noseheavy, but I like it that way.

I'm going to bed now, I've been working all night,it's now noon...
I got a great video for you, I'll upload it when I emerge from my bed later.

Meanwhile, here are some video stills to whet your appetite...
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:52 AM
VP-56
Westerville,Ohio
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
Matt-
Art-Tech sounds like they got the model down so good all the way to it's nickname "Whistling Death"
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:21 AM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Corsairs do look menacing in the air. Something about that gull wing.

Thanks for the flight report.

Steve
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:36 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,343 Posts
Awesome! I like the prop arc from your painted tips.
Looking forward to your vid.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 09:43 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,343 Posts
Quote:
The fuse was broken in 2 halves the wing is cracked.Now UH wants pix of the damaged box.I hope they don't delay this any longer.The piece of iron is suppose to be glued on the top of the fuse right before cowling.

Yeah... that's pretty bad.

I have to warn you though. HC is pretty slow when it comes to righting a wrong. I'm not badmouthing because I still shop there. Just giving you a heads up:
They sent me the wrong item on a particular order and I'm still waiting (a month later) to get what I had originally ordered. They won't ship anything to you till they get the item they shipped to you in error back. I scanned the shipping receipt as proof that I had shipped it back, but they won't budge. Meanwhile, the instock item slowly goes out of stock...
I don't know how they handle broken goods though. Do they want you to ship it back to them? Or are they just going to send you a replacement when they come back into stock?
Last edited by Hypoxic; Nov 16, 2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
VP-56
Westerville,Ohio
Joined Apr 2007
21 Posts
They are still emailling me for more pix.I buy alot of parts there.I hope they have good customer service.I thought it's insured but who knows? I believe the loose iron piece caused the damage though.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:28 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,825 Posts
Quote:
They are still emailling me for more pix.I buy alot of parts there.I hope they have good customer service.I thought it's insured but who knows? I believe the loose iron piece caused the damage though.
Buzz....thanks for the info. It is a miracle that the large chunk of steel floating around in my box did not do any noticeable damage to my Corsair.
I bet you are right about the damage being done by the steel weight. It is quite heavy and especially if there is no physical box damage then your airplane had to have been damaged by that loose weight. I think that is a problem they had better address with a better gluing method or others will be suffering with the same shipping damage.

Matt.....thanks for the flying report. I was glad to hear that she flies as nicely as their P-51 Mustang that I like so much that I bought two. I noticed that both are sold out at UH. Hopefully they will get more in stock but a problem from our standpoint is the lowering value of the dollar increasing their cost.

Matt....I thought of another question....I notice that you flew her as a belly slider so was wondering if there was any problem with the servo arms striking the ground when landing?

Thanks again guys,
Larry
Last edited by Ta152; Nov 16, 2007 at 11:35 AM.