HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:11 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta152
Phoenex,
I was pondering that problem also. I looked at the servos in the wing and if you are going to fly her as a belly slider they will have to be protected from a ground strike because the servos hang down so far. I am considering removing the servos and laying them on their side so it would be harder to damage the output arms. Oh well, guess I won't be able to deal with that problem until after Christmas.

Let me know what you do because I like having the option of flying with or without wheels.

Larry
Larry,

You can use some wing skids like they do with the Parkzone warbirds that are belly landers. I have used these mounting them so that the skid will hit down first leaving ground clearance for the servo-control horns. I have only an interest in this bird now, and have not ordered a plane.
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2007, 11:16 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,457 Posts
still contemplating on buying one as ive yet to read any flight reports... i checked hobby city and it says there are only 7 available... shipped to me would be about $140.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:40 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
I have their P-51 Mustang and it is a great stable flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint
still contemplating on buying one as ive yet to read any flight reports... i checked hobby city and it says there are only 7 available... shipped to me would be about $140.
I have their P-51 Mustang and it is a great stable flyer. I fly it both as a belly slider and some days with the gear. It is really cool rotating up on the mains and taking off and also the landing is equally neat. I like it so much that I have a spare. With that said I don't think Art-Tech would put out a dog. The internet will get the word out fast on a bad product now days and they would be setting on a warehouse full of product they couldnt sell.

Thanks for the idea using the Parkzone wing skids to protect the servos.

Larry
Ta152 is online now Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Nov 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
waiting anxiously for your flying report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton
I don't think there will be a problem with the servos/arms striking the ground, they are higher than the lower part of the wing...I'll know fer sure when I try it on monday..will fly with gear on,and then without.

We'll see..........
We will be waiting anxiously for your flying report.
Larry
Old Nov 12, 2007, 02:47 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Just checked the wind...AGH! Was hoping to get a quick test following a night shift (work) Bad news, gusty winds, not as hopeful as forecast-this model is very lightly loaded,pointless in winds above 6-7 mph..

Sorry,I'm hopeful later in the week
I'll be taking 2 batteries anyway, one for gear on, one with gear off.

Here is the next 5 days current forecast-looks like Friday is promising..

Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 day forecast feed
Latest observations feed
Current Nearest Observations:
clear 1C
NW (10 mph)
Relative Humidity (%): 90,
Pressure (mB): 1023, Rising,
Visibility: Good

Friday's atmospheric pollution: Low.

Monday

Sunrise 07:07 (GMT)
Sunset 16:13 (GMT) 6C 1C 12 moderate 1027 65

Tuesday

Sunrise 07:09 (GMT)
Sunset 16:12 (GMT) 9C 4C 22 moderate 1013 89

Wednesday

Sunrise 07:11 (GMT)
Sunset 16:10 (GMT) 9C 2C 12 moderate 1018 85

Thursday

Sunrise 07:12 (GMT)
Sunset 16:09 (GMT) 8C 3C 6 moderate 1026 80

Friday

Sunrise 07:14 (GMT)
Sunset 16:07 (GMT) 10C 9C 0 poor 1022 90

O MPH windspeed Friday! Poor viz, but can live with that!
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Nov 12, 2007 at 02:53 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 03:05 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Pilot

I started carving this little guy from blue foam last night-he needs arms and legs now,plus of course,more detail, finishing and painting,but will look better than no one driving!
Old Nov 12, 2007, 04:05 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,333 Posts
Quote:
I started carving this little guy from blue foam last night-he needs arms and legs now,plus of course,more detail, finishing and painting,but will look better than no one driving!
Looks pretty darn good to me...
Now, when you're finished; make a mold, make a mold, make a mold....
You can call him something like, Major Bluefoam and sell him to all of us.
Hypoxic is offline Find More Posts by Hypoxic
Last edited by Hypoxic; Nov 12, 2007 at 04:13 AM.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:40 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Matt...Wow, you are so talented. If only I could do that. Hobby Lobby has nice pilots that I use. Check them out.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/pilots.htm

Larry
Old Nov 15, 2007, 09:44 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Shucks, no flight report yet

Shucks, no flight report yet. What's up, as windy every where else as it is here?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 12:43 PM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,333 Posts
Haven't been able to fly here either...
Ahhh.. the winds of winter returneth.
Hypoxic is offline Find More Posts by Hypoxic
Old Nov 15, 2007, 01:22 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Well, the forecast is now 6mph and clear for tomorrow morning. I'm at work tonight,so will stay up for a while, my video camera is charged (wife will do the honours) and the model is set up with two fully charged packs.I'll be at the local park around 9.30am...fingers x'd it will be okay.
I expect it will be draggy with the u/c on, so will be interesting to compare with it off
Old Nov 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,362 Posts
Sold Out!

Hobby city has sold out all its stock of Corsairs in just a week or two since this thread started. They had more than a dozen of them in stock.
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Old Nov 15, 2007, 03:13 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Well, the forecast is now 6mph and clear for tomorrow morning. I'm at work tonight,so will stay up for a while, my video camera is charged (wife will do the honours) and the model is set up with two fully charged packs.I'll be at the local park around 9.30am...fingers x'd it will be okay.
I expect it will be draggy with the u/c on, so will be interesting to compare with it off
Matt... Hope you can get some flights in tomorrow. I am anxious to hear what you think about her flight characteristics.

Also, can anyone tell me where the chunk of steel that I found in my box belongs? The steel was loose in the box but had been glued somewhere but I don't know where.
Larry
Old Nov 15, 2007, 03:14 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Perhaps it was ballast for CG. You should be able to tell pretty quickly when you go to balance the plane.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Nov 15, 2007, 04:57 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Also, can anyone tell me where the chunk of steel that I found in my box belongs?
Hi Larry-no steel in my box,CG seems ok without.

We'll finally see how she handles tomorrow, I'm sure there are a few lurkers on this thread not owning up to buying one yet... HC have sold loads!

Thanks for the kind comments on the pilot, he'll have a full compliment of arms and legs tonight. Won't be ready for the maiden-just as well, I haven't carved him a daiper!