HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2007, 07:20 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
I got her ready to fly, ran up the motor-smooth,plenty of go from the3 blader.The aileron servos are on a 'Y' lead, but if you want to mix in aileron differential, just remove the Y lead and use 2 small extensions.
I was impressed to find all the servos were centred nicely,all control surfaces were set neutral-except the rudder which needed 2 clicks of right trim.I still (finally) need to bend the tailwheel leg to the opposite bias.

I added some paint, didn't care for the yellow cone and painted the dummy gearbox silver (should be light grey, but couldn't be doing with going to find it in my workshop)
Either way, I think it looks better-painted the tips too.

If you should buy this plane, shake the fuse if you can't locate your rudder and elev. servo plugs. Couldn't find mine first attempt, but a good shake revealed all!

Here she is all dolled up...well, a bit anyway!

Wish this bloody wind would die down....
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2007, 08:41 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Thanks Matt for the detailed pictures and discussion

Matt,

Thanks for the detailed pictures and discussion on your Corsair assembly. I really like the way you painted the prop hub and the motor crankcase. Really makes a nice looking airplane even better.

Did you have to work on the prop much to get it to balance? That has been an issue with my Art-Tech Mustang props; they all were way out of balance.

Now if only my Corsair would just finally get here.

Larry
Ta152 is online now Find More Posts by Ta152
Old Nov 08, 2007, 04:59 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Hi Larry.
I painted the tips first then balanced it, found it balanced fine! Runs smooth as silk too
Glad you like the paint additions, hope yours shows up soon.
Old Nov 08, 2007, 07:26 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton
Hi Larry.
I painted the tips first then balanced it, found it balanced fine! Runs smooth as silk too
Glad you like the paint additions, hope yours shows up soon.
Matt,
The postwoman tried to deliver mine today and I wasn't home so will have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick it up.

Another problem I have is I told the little lady that it would be my Christmas present so now she won't let me open it until Christmas.

Oh well, will have something to look farward too for the first of the year to fly.

Let us know how well she flies.

Larry
Old Nov 08, 2007, 11:54 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
That's too bad Larry, you got caught! Hope you can bear to sit it out..

My wife is very supportive,I can essentially buy whatever I want, but of course, it's down to me to ensure bills etc. are paid..I sometimes think it might help me if she moderated my buying binges, lol!

Wind and weather still bad here-apparently there is a 10 feet tidal wave about to hit eastern UK shores with an attendant risk of flooding.
I'll be ok as I'm on high ground, but a lot of poor people are very worried tonight.
So you have an idea of what it's like here at the moment,cursed weather!

I'm hoping next week we'll get some calm.I'll have video too
Old Nov 09, 2007, 03:11 AM
High Altitude Bliss
France
Joined Jun 2007
1,333 Posts
Hey Matt,

The Corsair looks really good. I like how you painted her up. Amazing what a little paint in the right places can do for some of these models.

I was watching the tidal wave thing on TV here... crazy. I never knew the UK
got storm surge waves like that. Looks like things turned out better than expected, which is a good thing.
Hypoxic is offline Find More Posts by Hypoxic
Old Nov 09, 2007, 03:34 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Yep,thanks,we're still dry!

I've been looking inside the canopy, looks kind of lonely in there..I'm working a night shift on Sunday night, so maybe when I maiden it will have a carved foam driver inside.
I has a 'sorta' dashboard inside, but the scope for detailing is hard to resist..

Anyone else on these forums ordered one of these yet,if so, what do you think of it-assuming you have it already. I can't be one of just a few, Hobby City have sold loads!
Old Nov 09, 2007, 11:58 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
picked mine up today

Matt... Sure glad that storm surge didn't damage the coast of UK like it was forecast.

I picked mine up today but it is still unopened. I had to get leaves up; these household chores sure interfere with my hobbies. I will get into the box later today and hopefully everything arrived undamaged.

Sure hope someone has good weather in their area so they can get theirs in the air and tell us about how she flies.

Larry
Old Nov 09, 2007, 05:03 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Hey Larry, good to hear it is in your company at last..your wife going to relent and let you at it before xmas? Hope so! Also hope it arrived in good condition,it has travelled a few miles!!

Was lucky with the flood not happening,now lets hope the wind dies down.Monday is forecast as 'lighter winds' hmmm...light enough for a maiden flight? Fingers X'd!
Old Nov 09, 2007, 06:09 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Large chunk of steel in the box loose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton
Hey Larry, good to hear it is in your company at last..your wife going to relent and let you at it before xmas? Hope so! Also hope it arrived in good condition,it has travelled a few miles!!

Was lucky with the flood not happening,now lets hope the wind dies down.Monday is forecast as 'lighter winds' hmmm...light enough for a maiden flight? Fingers X'd!
I got to open the box to check for damage, thankfully none, but there was a large chunk of steel loose in the box. Any Idea what that is for? Is that a weight needed for balance? I hope not. If it is I am going to see if I can figure out how to eliminate as much of that weight as possible by moving the battery forward and possibly going to a 2,100 battery. If I need the extra weight I would rather it would be in the form of a bigger and heavier battery.

Nope, my promise to her that it is my Christmas present still stands.

It has been windy here also. Monday they are calling for nice weather in the mid 60s so hope the wind will cooperate.

Larry
Old Nov 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
After much shaking

Pulled the fuselage out of the box and tried to get the servo leads to come forward so I could easily attach them to my receiver. After much shaking I finally was able to get to one using forceps. After another 5 minutes of shaking I gave up. I then shined a light inside the fuselage and was able to figure out where the other lead was hiding. Then it was easy to reach in with the forcipes and pull it out. It would be nice if the manufacturer would attach strings to the leads so if they do slide back into the fuselage during shipping then it would be a simple task to pull them out. Better still they should tape the leads so they are unable to fall back into the fuselage.

Matt....How did you solve the problem with the tail wheel moving in the opposite direction from the rudder?

Larry
Old Nov 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta152
Pulled the fuselage out of the box and tried to get the servo leads to come forward so I could easily attach them to my receiver. After much shaking I finally was able to get to one using forceps. After another 5 minutes of shaking I gave up. I then shined a light inside the fuselage and was able to figure out where the other lead was hiding. Then it was easy to reach in with the forcipes and pull it out. It would be nice if the manufacturer would attach strings to the leads so if they do slide back into the fuselage during shipping then it would be a simple task to pull them out. Better still they should tape the leads so they are unable to fall back into the fuselage.

Matt....How did you solve the problem with the tail wheel moving in the opposite direction from the rudder?

Larry
Quote:
Nope, my promise to her that it is my Christmas present still stands.
Looks like someone is breaking promises
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Nov 10, 2007, 08:00 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
sneak a peek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex
Looks like someone is breaking promises
I did sneak another peek. I really messed up telling her it would be my Christmas present. I though it would take much longer to get it here than it did. Now I will be tortured for 6 more weeks.

Oh well, a promise is a promise. You guys let me know how she flies. Guess I won't get mine in the air until after the first of the year.
Larry
Old Nov 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
What stalls falls
Joined Jul 2006
1,804 Posts
Belly slider problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenex
Matt,

Could you bring the camera down to the front at fuse at eye level and take a picture of the plane with the wing on? I am concerned about where the touchdown points are going to be and the servos arms/controls horns when belly landing. Wing skids might be needed to keep from belly landing damage. She's pretty and if she flys great, looks to be a keeper.

TIA
Phoenex,
I was pondering that problem also. I looked at the servos in the wing and if you are going to fly her as a belly slider they will have to be protected from a ground strike because the servos hang down so far. I am considering removing the servos and laying them on their side so it would be harder to damage the output arms. Oh well, guess I won't be able to deal with that problem until after Christmas.

Let me know what you do because I like having the option of flying with or without wheels.

Larry
Old Nov 10, 2007, 08:25 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
I don't think there will be a problem with the servos/arms striking the ground, they are higher than the lower part of the wing...I'll know fer sure when I try it on monday..will fly with gear on,and then without.

We'll see..........