HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:33 AM
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
I'm making progress on repairs. I cut that shark bite out clean and traced that onto a peice of left over T28 wing foam. Gorilla glued that it, whittled it to shape as best I could and then covered it all with the Woodland foam putty. So just sand and paint left. The paint mismatch will make it look bad but as long as it flies I'll be happy.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2010
1,459 Posts
I am considering repainting mine using latex. house paint since spray paint eats this epp foam..but first i would like to find a new set of decals...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:52 AM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
Banana sells a few Corsair decal sets,but I'm not sure on the size.

http://www.bananahobby.com/mp305-blue-76275-prd1.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/mc309-blue-76765-prd1.html

http://www.bananahobby.com/mc309-grey-76778-prd1.html
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:29 PM
Joined May 2010
1,459 Posts
thx oldsneak... those r for fms 800mm....but they would work and will see if i want to redue this paint
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:15 PM
Joined Nov 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
I am considering repainting mine using latex. house paint since spray paint eats this epp foam..but first i would like to find a new set of decals...
Cali-graphics does a real good job with graphics.
http://callie-graphics.com/

My plane crashed on first flight of about 2 seconds, took off, it went up about 20 feet, arched to the right and went straight down nose first into the ground at about 1/2 throttle and broke into about 8 pieces. wing broke off, tail broke, both the elevators, and main fuselage broke into 3 pieces. Looks like this new version 2 EPO also breaks into many pieces upon impact. Got so frustrated that I put it in the attic for project some other day. I ordered a Nitroplane PBY Catalina that will be here next Monday. Hopefully will have better luck with it.
dutchumb is offline Find More Posts by dutchumb
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined May 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchumb View Post
Cali-graphics does a real good job with graphics.
http://callie-graphics.com/

My plane crashed on first flight of about 2 seconds, took off, it went up about 20 feet, arched to the right and went straight down nose first into the ground at about 1/2 throttle and broke into about 8 pieces. wing broke off, tail broke, both the elevators, and main fuselage broke into 3 pieces. Looks like this new version 2 EPO also breaks into many pieces upon impact. Got so frustrated that I put it in the attic for project some other day. I ordered a Nitroplane PBY Catalina that will be here next Monday. Hopefully will have better luck with it.
Sorry to hear that...I have had a few crashes like that with mineYes, epo breaks also...8 pieces on very first crash is not good at all....That must be some low quality epo...I have repaired mine many times and have had horrible crashes...Eps is easier to repair and it keeps its shape...i would think epp is best of all since its stronger and hard and should also keep its shape so pieces fit nicely after crashes...thx
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
That's a bummer dutchumb. Sorry about that. I've crashed a few like that. The plane was usually tail heavy and I didn't have the CG right. 8 pieces isn't too bad. That's about as many as I have. The tail is the only thing that wasn't fixable because it's so thin. I think it was $12+ shipping from motion rc. I've smashed so many planes I like fixing them now. After this Corsair I have to put back together a crunched up F4 EDF.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:02 PM
Joined May 2010
1,459 Posts
I have fixed HK corsair tail using 5min epoxy and also glued flat peices of CF on underside...now its much stronger then new...this plane can't be stopped! lol
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
That's a bummer dutchumb. Sorry about that. I've crashed a few like that. The plane was usually tail heavy and I didn't have the CG right. 8 pieces isn't too bad. That's about as many as I have. The tail is the only thing that wasn't fixable because it's so thin. I think it was $12+ shipping from motion rc. I've smashed so many planes I like fixing them now. After this Corsair I have to put back together a crunched up F4 EDF.
My plane almost looks identical to yours that's sitting on the washer machine. The biggest problem is one of the wires that goes to the back of the plane disconnected in the middle of the fuzz, So I will have to cut a hole in the bottom to be able to reconnect the cable.

For now, i'll just leave her in resting and try repairing her at a later date after i get more experience flying with my high wing trainer.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
I was just looking at mine and you're right, getting at those back two servos is a pain in the butt. If the wire pulled out of the servo, you'll have to replace it I think. But if it's just an extension that came off, long needle nose pliers might work. Or two pairs of pliers even.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I was just looking at mine and you're right, getting at those back two servos is a pain in the butt. If the wire pulled out of the servo, you'll have to replace it I think. But if it's just an extension that came off, long needle nose pliers might work. Or two pairs of pliers even.
Its the extension part. But its pretty deep inside the cavern. I got some needle-nose pliers on order, and will give them a try.

Hows your repair work coming along? Looking any better?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined Jul 2011
294 Posts
Almost done. The color of the tail I got didn't match the Banana color so I tried painting it with some House of Color Insignia Blue. Bad idea. It melted the skin of it. I had it 1/2 done when I realized it. So I wiped it off and filled in the holes with foam putty. I had a Testors blue that isn't a bad match from a distance. If it wasn't so FREAKING COLD out I'd fly it this weekend. Thanks for asking.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined May 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchumb View Post
Its the extension part. But its pretty deep inside the cavern. I got some needle-nose pliers on order, and will give them a try.

Hows your repair work coming along? Looking any better?
I had that happen last year and i removed wing and cut a square hole wear rear part of wing meets the fuse and used a piece of wire that i bent a hook on the end to pull it through...
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,097 Posts
To get to the servo wires in the tail, I simply cut out a plug on the bottom of the tail about an inch and a half square. It stays in fine with no glue. Then I bent a wire to fish the wires through to the front.
Brent Slensker is offline Find More Posts by Brent Slensker
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
134 Posts
Great Idea's hate and brent, When I do decide to try to put it back together, i'll definitely try that.

Oldsneakers.. great repair work... everything looks like its all back straight. Let us know how she flies when you take her back up!