SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2002, 09:41 PM
Chandler Williams, Arizona, United States
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
MiniFlash as a trainer???? Maybe I made a mistake.

Well after reading all the reviews and posts about the miniflash I got so excited and ordered one. (waiting for the mail man.).
Ive been flying the TM and SS for a while now and felt it was time to try an aileron plane. I'm now having second thoughts and feel i may not have made the correct choice. I would hate to build such a beautiful plane and destroy it from lack of experience. Any advice??? should i buy a different plane to train on. if so what would you suggest???

thanks for any feedback.............
Rip-N-Burn is offline Find More Posts by Rip-N-Burn
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:10 AM
Mountain Models Wannabe
Ithaca, NY USA
Joined Mar 2001
4,371 Posts
If you haven't started it, I will buy it back. The Switchback Sport will be a much better choice. The MiniFlash is very much a "it goes where you point it" plane but the SB Sport is more stable.

Doug Binder
Mountain Models
CoClimber is offline Find More Posts by CoClimber
Old Dec 11, 2002, 06:34 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Wow Doug. Thats better service than i got from the LHS here when my pf12 charger dumped after 2 charges...
I think I may send it back for the SB Sport and once I get through that step up to the MF. You rock and will have a customer for life. Thats the way I am when it comes to service.

Thanks..
Old Dec 11, 2002, 10:59 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,507 Posts
Ripnburn,
Why don't you hold onto the miniflash that way you dont have to bother buying it later, you'll already have it. Just order the SB sport, build and fly it, then while you're getting used to it, you can build your MF, and have it ready right when you're ready to step up.

--Paul

PS - Doug, that has to be the best offer I have ever heard. Thumbs up to you.
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2002, 07:03 AM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
I know I know I know . I thought the same thing. but you see I have spent so much on this hobby already that the wife is ready to have me committed. If i bought yet another plane , i think it would push her over the edge.I was going to have nana show my kids the plane and ask them if they wanted to get it for me for x-mas (of course they would say YES with excitment)and then wrap it up as a gift for myself from them. It would be win win. the kids get dad something he really wants and they feal great about it.

Just to add.. if Doug wasnt so nice to make the offer, I would just keep it and bought the SB... Just not right away...

THANKS AGAIN DOUG..
Last edited by Rip-N-Burn; Dec 12, 2002 at 08:36 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 03:20 PM
Horrible Test Pilot
Lyman WY
Joined May 2002
888 Posts
I agree with Doug. I went from a R/E/T plane to a SB Sport without too much hassle. If you don't have it already get FMS or other simulator, and spend some time on it. I parcticed with the SB Sport on FMS, and had a fairly uneventful maiden flight.
Good luck

Jason
Beachernaut is offline Find More Posts by Beachernaut
Old Dec 16, 2002, 07:05 PM
Joined Nov 2002
1,239 Posts
Yep thats a great idea. I actually downloaded the SBS the other day for FMS and have been practicing. The funny thing is so far that my 9 year old daughter was flying better than me.. Maybe I'll let her hold the switch on the JR remotes.. HAHA..
Old Dec 20, 2002, 12:09 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Doug,

This thread has just made me a new customer. I'm going to your site as soon as I post this.

With service like yours, I feel I can't go wrong.

Now, if you'd get M Rittinger's Sportwin kitted, I'd be estatic!!!!!

VP
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot