HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
look at post #47 here may help its just the matter of finding the signal out..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1626702&page=4 I also read in this thread about guys having to pull out the connector for the screen to work..

and the pinout here..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1592670
http://anythingbutipod.com/2006/04/z...-35mm-pinouts/

this is the video cable for your player..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AV-A-V-Audio...item1e6cd5efb1
Ugh, so frustrating! I searched for a good 10 min on google for this stuff. Well, I bought a 4 pin cable from radio shack last week. I'd like to get rid of the bulk of the whole thing and just use the ends replacing the center section with good servo wire.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:47 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,176 Posts
If your going to go that route just get a 4 pole 3.5mm bare connector. I know they sell them because I kept grabbing them by mistake looking for 2.5mm 4pole for my gopro
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:37 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,330 Posts
Mike the easiest way is to figure out the singal output. Just like the guy who is using the servo wire plug your connector in an and see which is the video feed when pressed in all the way, usually one side is ground and one of the rings on the tip is video the question is which one..

Im pretty sure that should solve if not I can help with that
Nelapaty is online now Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
If your going to go that route just get a 4 pole 3.5mm bare connector. I know they sell them because I kept grabbing them by mistake looking for 2.5mm 4pole for my gopro
I didn't realize they offered these. I'd rather go this route then keep that big cable. I've got pleanty of RCA cables I can hack up. Keep the stress off that plug with less weight.

Note to any folks wanting to get into FPV. Keep the video Rx away from any LCD you are using for display. It greatly reduces your range.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Mike the easiest way is to figure out the singal output. Just like the guy who is using the servo wire plug your connector in an and see which is the video feed when pressed in all the way, usually one side is ground and one of the rings on the tip is video the question is which one..

Im pretty sure that should solve if not I can help with that
I should be able to figure this out with a few minutes in the garage.

I'll be spending some time in there anyway as I'm fixing our old F14 model that sits on our quarter deck getting it ready for a new paint job. Talked the Skipper into buying a new Super Hornet to put on a stick in it's place.

Jason Cole of Hobby Lobby took care of us reducing the price greatly. We are going to have a flight ready super hornet model on a stick! They aren't going to carry the airframe only for a while.

Anyway....enough rambling.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:55 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,330 Posts
uh just thought of something does your screen have a separate audio and video output? if so yes those 3 pin 3.5mm stereo or 2 pin mono should work..
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:45 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
uh just thought of something does your screen have a separate audio and video output? if so yes those 3 pin 3.5mm stereo or 2 pin mono should work..
No luck at radio shack for the 3.5 4 pole. I returned the 2 pole I bought and will have to make one from the other connector I already have.

Got my tripod today!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
AV in audio out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:51 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
I'm fairly pissed right now. Ruined my FPV screen tonight trying to solder a set of servo wires for the stupid av input.

I get audio but no picture. Screen also doesn't go to static when loosing signal. I did something to it.

What a complete waste of a good screen. Checked ebay real quick and only found new ones for 100 bucks.

No FPV for me for a while.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,176 Posts
That sucks man, I have a screen you could use when we fly together in the mean time.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,176 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354154483.099971.jpg
Views: 27
Size: 216.4 KB
Description:
Hey guys was looking around on my map program and thinking found another field to fly in. It's near the amphitheater and looks like there's a couple of football/soccer fields with a parking lot pretty much right at the field. I might swing by tomorrow after work and take a good look at it. Looks like plenty of open space for regular flying and some interesting surroundings for FPV flying.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,330 Posts
Mike sorry to hear that. Id be glad to share my screen with ya. I can take a look at it see if the internals are the same as my little one.

By the way Ill be putting up my receivers for sale.I received my 1258Ghz rx today So all 3 of us should be able to fly at the same time

I did get a 13inch tv works great but goes bluescreen when its really bad but snaps back really fast if the signal comes back.. I had 6 flights with it last week and its bright in broaddaylight
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,330 Posts
Letme know if you are interested in the receivers..
Last edited by Nelapaty; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Mike sorry to hear that. Id be glad to share my screen with ya. I can take a look at it see if the internals are the same as my little one.

By the way Ill be putting up my receivers for sale.I received my 1258Ghz rx today So all 3 of us should be able to fly at the same time

I did get a 13inch tv works great but goes bluescreen when its really bad but snaps back really fast if the signal comes back.. I had 6 flights with it last week and its bright in broaddaylight
Really appreciate the offers guys. If you have a spare screen I can plug into that would be great.

I've cooled down a bit since last night and will be looking on fleabay for another TV. There are several 7" philips setups but in the 9" size I only found the DVD/slave set or the DVD player by itself.

What kind of 13" did you get Roe?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:01 AM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Letme know if you are interested in the receivers..
I will be in after the holidays depending on my gifts.
RCG Plus Member