HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:51 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,439 Posts
Not bad for a heavy quad. Mine ended up about 1.5kg without the fpv gear. I can fly upto 13 minutes but thats pushing it 9 to 10min is doable. Ive have been using my 5000mah 4s packs but I probably need to get some 4s 4000mah to get it on the lighter side.

Hopefully will see ya this weekend.
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:37 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
It weighs about 5-5.5lbs with batteries. As long as the weather holds ill definently be out Saturday but I won't have the FPV gear because in going to be gone all week again.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
I must have missed that. After my radian pro crashed for losing signal, 2K feet up and a mile out lost radio signal but not video so watching a crystal clear 2K death spiral is something I didn't want to do again. So I switched to a Thomas scherrer system for my radian and my large quad/UAV.
I can see his point with starting with proven 72 MHz stuff. I don't currently plan on flying great distances with FPV but I'm sure that will change. Baby steps. Though I haven't had any issue with the Quad flying on 2.4 control I haven't pushed the distance very far. I really want to get a fixed wing up on FPV but I refuse to do it again without a better control system. With limited funds I have to pick my upgrades wisely. I don't like being tied to the truck so I think the next upgrade will be a screen. After that either 72 MHz gear or a new FPV plane. The Easy* is a great bird but mine is beat up and I'd like more room. I'll also keep an eye out for a higher power 900 MHz Tx as the 1.5 watt really impressed me this past weekend. Clear picture even behind trees and buildings with the stock antenna's. Crazy.

Above all else I want to be safe and preserve the privilege to fly at 3O for everyone. Tooling around FPV with the Quad will keep me happy until I acquire more stuff.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
If you want a larger bird for FPV the radian pro is a nice one. Plenty of room for long range gear, OSD, FPV gear whatever you want. Flying wings make good FPV birds as well.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:54 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Quote:
If you want a larger bird for FPV the radian pro is a nice one. Plenty of room for long range gear, OSD, FPV gear whatever you want. Flying wings make good FPV birds as well.
I was actually thinking about this one. Stocked here in the US so I don't have to wait or pay through the nose for shipping.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1068
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:04 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,439 Posts
One TBS Disco fpv frame on the way. woohoo
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:35 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
One TBS Disco fpv frame on the way. woohoo
That's the one I'm going to get along with their core. Perfect FPV platform.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:52 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,439 Posts
Maybe next on my list is the core and a fpv video monitor. found some good ones within price range here..

http://www.urbandrones.com/Goggles-a...tors_c_13.html
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
Maybe next on my list is the core and a fpv video monitor. found some good ones within price range here..

http://www.urbandrones.com/Goggles-a...tors_c_13.html
Nothing wrong with those. I find I order from known vendors here in the states lately. Can't say enough good things about ReadyMade, Atlanta Hobbies, and several others. I also found several things I needed at Debbie's on Fri. The Nitro Planes T28 should be flying in a few weeks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:23 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
That a pretty cool frame, here's mine I have comming http://www.AeroQuadStore.com/AeroQua.../aqarf-002.htm. Once it gets here that will bring my multi count to 4. NL650 (DARPA bird), custom micro quad, X8 DJI clone, then the typhoon.
Get the goggles instead of a sceen, much better to fly with. I second readymaderc ALL my FPV gear, except the 10x zoom camera for my DARPA bird, came from readymaderc.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:45 PM
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2010
500 Posts
Quote:
I must have missed that. After my radian pro crashed for losing signal, 2K feet up and a mile out lost radio signal but not video so watching a crystal clear 2K death spiral is something I didn't want to do again. So I switched to a Thomas scherrer system for my radian and my large quad/UAV.
Lets talk about that in greater detail next time your at 3O.
Perhaps I can take a look at your system.
I have an extreme near miss
SimpsonJ is offline Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:36 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
Saturday is my birthday so I'll definently be out flying. I'll bring my X8, DARPA quad, and my radian so you can see them all and ask all the questions you want.

On a side note on Oct 20 at the scope arena they are holding a maker faire. I will have a booth setup demonstrating my work with multi rotors and my kick off to my new business, and it's free to come.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:50 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Saturday is my birthday so I'll definently be out flying. I'll bring my X8, DARPA quad, and my radian so you can see them all and ask all the questions you want.

On a side note on Oct 20 at the scope arena they are holding a maker faire. I will have a booth setup demonstrating my work with multi rotors and my kick off to my new business, and it's free to come.
Dude, business into multi's wow awesome
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:19 AM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
It mostly hinges on the flight demo I have lined up on the 21st but I have everything, except a website, lined up ready to go if the 21st goes favorable.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:06 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,439 Posts
I know somebody who can help you with webstuff if you are interested heres their webpage..
http://fortislogic.com/flw/default.aspx His name is Matthew He can Help atleast put you in the right direction..