Virginia Beach, VA
Joined May 2005
786 Posts
Because

WE NEED OUR OWN FIELD!!!!

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craab View Post
We used to go Sundays - but Saturdays just seemed to work out better for the crew that was showing up regularly. The past 6 months or so has been hit or miss...
mcsarge is offline Find More Posts by mcsarge
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:22 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
577 Posts
I'll do lynhaven tomorrow morning, but depends if I have any appts. or if it gets fogged in with smoke. Joey, I'll have the cam for some mustang formation filming. I'll post here to let you know later this afternoon.
EAGLEYE-1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGLEYE-1
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:10 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
577 Posts
Looks like I'm clear for launch tomorrow (Sat) at Lynnhaven. Christian, I'll call you first depending on the weather & smoke conditions. All birds ready.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
952 Posts
sounds good
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:13 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jul 2010
672 Posts
So, when does everybody usually meet for flying? It's looking like i'm in the clear for flying tomorrow and wanted to meet some of ya guys.
dskalski is offline Find More Posts by dskalski
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:41 AM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,398 Posts
usually around 9ish on sat at 3 oaks or lynnhaven middle school
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:44 AM
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
Craab.... What time you flying Lynn today? I was thinking about heading that way now.
tthomas is offline Find More Posts by tthomas
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:48 AM
You cant crash if you dont fly
Norfolk VA
Joined Aug 2010
40 Posts
Going to lynnhaven in a few
Skiscola is offline Find More Posts by Skiscola
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:09 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
577 Posts
From Today at Lynnhaven

Great day for flying today! Joey, as close as we appeared to be, the wide angle cam lens made it look like we were miles apart. This vid of your Mustang was the first clip shot from the belly looking forward. The vid clip shooting out under the wing was a bust. Cam shut-off right after take-off.
To pull this off, we really got to get our birds in closer, or my pilot has to pick up the pace a bit!
Mustang on Mustang (2 min 10 sec)
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:14 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
577 Posts
Before it was "Big Brudda's Bird" it was MY brother's bird; nitro version. My brother Gary and my Dad, shown in the previous picture, back in 2006.
My brother LOVED that Mustang! Thought I'd share the picture with you guys.
Thought I'd make them a part of our gang. They's fly with us every chance they had! See 'ya in the skies!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,434 Posts
Nice vid Allan. By the way, I'm back in Virginia Beach now since school starts this week, and am currently working on adding the FPV system to my plane. It should be ready for flight tests either this weekend or the next, so when it is I'll bring it to 3 Oaks for my FPV maiden.

One question for you though Allan. I remember you somehow "glassed" your Striker with some sort of fiberglass coating. How exactly do you go about doing that? Is it some sort of spray on stuff you can buy? I'm getting a new wing for my plane after the original got pretty beat up this summer with a couple good tree crashes, and I'm thinking it might be good to glass the new one to make it a bit tougher. What's the best way to do that?
prelator is offline Find More Posts by prelator
Old Aug 21, 2011, 02:49 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
Nice vid Allan. By the way, I'm back in Virginia Beach now since school starts this week, and am currently working on adding the FPV system to my plane. It should be ready for flight tests either this weekend or the next, so when it is I'll bring it to 3 Oaks for my FPV maiden.

One question for you though Allan. I remember you somehow "glassed" your Striker with some sort of fiberglass coating. How exactly do you go about doing that? Is it some sort of spray on stuff you can buy? I'm getting a new wing for my plane after the original got pretty beat up this summer with a couple good tree crashes, and I'm thinking it might be good to glass the new one to make it a bit tougher. What's the best way to do that?
The only thing I did with the Stryker was to add Econocote film covering with a small heat iron. Works fine. Fiberglass is a little too much I think. Adds weight. The less weight, the better.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:52 PM
LOVE MAIDEN'S : >
norfolk va
Joined Aug 2007
1,480 Posts
Hey fellas m.i.a neil here lol..been working on a couple birds,new stryker and a new swift 2..what i dont feel like doing is putting my habu back together..anyone wanna buy her? I hate having it just sit around and i wont get to it no time soon. Pretty much just snapped in half and would need some gluing..will sell for a buddy price with all the batts for it..pm me if anyone is interested..miss you guys
neiloneil is offline Find More Posts by neiloneil
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:58 PM
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2010
486 Posts
Are we flying this weekend or what?
SimpsonJ is offline Find More Posts by SimpsonJ
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:07 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,434 Posts
Yeah too bad there had to be a hurricane the weekend I'm ready to do my first FPV flight, Though if it's bad enough, I can use the FPV system to take some aerial footage of the carnage afterward...
prelator is offline Find More Posts by prelator