HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by washab View Post
Thanks for the response. Got my AMA card...do any of the guys on this thread frequent Fentress?
Sometimes..

Is anybody flying tomorrow?
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 09:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
70 Posts
I want too at three oaks tomorrow
Lamdingo is offline Find More Posts by Lamdingo
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
KK4NZS
Virginia
Joined Sep 2006
1,488 Posts
Go for a ride in this one its fantastic...

Lee check this guy's video's amazing Quad flying..you probably already did

kk quadrocopter - aggressive flying onboard (3 min 31 sec)
Nelapaty is offline Find More Posts by Nelapaty
Last edited by Nelapaty; Jul 30, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 08:52 AM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Anyone in for a little stick time Saturday at 3-0? I'm in. Row, I got a nose piece for your stryker. Lee how's your neck doin? Joey-you up for some Mustang formation flying?
I'll check field conditions today and will post a note later.
EAGLEYE-1 is offline Find More Posts by EAGLEYE-1
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:18 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannis
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Oct 2003
955 Posts
Guys, I was out of town last weekend and missed the flying - although I did get some night flying in on my buddy's farm in Northern VA. Got lotsa' ohhs and ahhs.
Looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend either - a good friend is moving - he helped me move last time - so I gotta' return the favor - I might be able to squeak out on Sunday... Get some for me!
craab is offline Find More Posts by craab
Old Aug 05, 2011, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Hi Folks, My name is Dave. I too have been looking for a place and a few interested parties who want to fly electrics in our area. Seems like I just can't find a location that isn't being used for soccer or football. I went to Three Oaks Elementary and the site just doesn't seem big enough. I have even thought of going to the Military Aircraft Muesium in Pungo to see if they would let me use their field. I am new to this and want to expand the hobby but I am getting quite frustrated. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsarge View Post
Hello,

I started this thread to discuss places people have found to fly their park flyers and small electrics in the City of Virginia Beach.

We have a couple of really good flying clubs in our area, but both are located in Chesapeake, which is quite a drive for a quick after work flying session. I am hoping that people will post places they have found to fly in the Virginia Beach Area.

Also if anyone is interested, I am willing to work with anyone trying to get a new flying site established in Virginia Beach.

Matt
Davrad is offline Find More Posts by Davrad
Old Aug 05, 2011, 04:43 PM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
The field at 3-O is freshly cut and ready to go.
Hey Davrad, why not stop over at 3-Oaks and meet the fellas first. We fly almost every size electric up to .40 scale and once you get familiar with the field layout it's easy to fly. I wouldn't try the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo since it is closed off to rc's due to incoming aircraft etc. and insurance reasons. Another spot is Lynnhaven Elementary School on First Colonial Rd. just north of the hospital. A great bunch of guys-every Sunday morning.
I'm flyin tomorrow at 3-O. Stop by and say hello.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 06:50 PM
Turn up the G's !!!!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jul 2010
754 Posts
Hey guys, new to the area and i'm about 2 minutes from 3-o. Might pop my head in and say hi tomorrow morning. I've actually been flying at 3-o the past few days. Does look small but there is a ton of room around it actually. Any of you guys know if that lake behind 3-o is off limits? Was thinking of doing a water plane.
dskalski is offline Find More Posts by dskalski
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:03 PM
addicted foam abuser
Joined Sep 2008
457 Posts
we have flown from the water before...access is a little tricky, but doable...come on out tomorro
2dogflyer is offline Find More Posts by 2dogflyer
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:16 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
Just hop the fence is all. I flew my grossly overpowered fun cub on floats off that pond. Depends on the wind. I might be able to make it out tomorrow.
pylot2b is offline Find More Posts by pylot2b
Old Aug 07, 2011, 08:02 AM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
Had a great time finally meeting some of the guys and flying at 3-O yesterday. Looking forward to getting over there again. Too smokey today - hack, hack, hack . . .

Kind of got ran off by some young footballers - it's better than them sitting in the house playing X-box.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Aug 07, 2011, 11:14 AM
Eagleye
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined Oct 2008
587 Posts
Nice meeting you as well Ben. Upsate New Yorker, eh? Looking forward to flying more later on...
-Alan
Old Aug 07, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
there is a cool plane for sale
BBarbato884 is offline Find More Posts by BBarbato884
Last edited by BBarbato884; Aug 09, 2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: there is a cool plane for sale but i can advertise it in a local thread
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
Joined Sep 2010
70 Posts
Need to know what spektrum receiver I should buy for the new corsair. Only need a 5 channel but Im gonna get a 6 channel from hobbytown. Lol its going to be my first legit receiver.
Lamdingo is offline Find More Posts by Lamdingo
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:21 PM
Balsa Rules
USA, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamdingo View Post
Need to know what spektrum receiver I should buy for the new corsair. Only need a 5 channel but Im gonna get a 6 channel from hobbytown. Lol its going to be my first legit receiver.
Is that P47 balsa?
I have a 6100 receiver for you.
showtimebob is offline Find More Posts by showtimebob