Old May 30, 2008, 07:17 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy76
4 Cell page isn't working
Most peculiar - thanks for the heads-up! The referenced file is clearly located on the server, the file name is correct, and all other pages load without any problems. I will work on this over the weekend and let you know when I get it sorted out...

I will also be making some major updates over the weekend with hundreds of new (and some old) products added to the lists. I'll post a recap of the updates here when they are complete.

Cheers,
David

Edit:

I tracked this down and have resolved this issue, my host changed ftp servers on me and the changes I made were disappearing into the matrix of the netherworld. Thanks again for pointing this error out and please let me know if any other problems are encountered
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by write2dgray; May 31, 2008 at 12:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2008, 12:13 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Another huge round of updates has been made to many of the lists:

Revisions include newly added links for manuals, a new page for dedicated discharge devices, as well as the following category revisions:

Batteries - Lots of new brand son the market, hundreds of new 25C and 30C lipos, and some new A123 cells from K2.

Brushless Motors - Too many to list, over 300 added including many new offerings from Scorpion, Free Air, Hurricane Flight Systems, Hyperion, and dozens of smaller brands.

Brushless ESCs - New ESCs with switching BECs from many of the top manufacturers including E-Flite, AirPower, Extreme Flight, Hurricane Flight Systems, Hyperion, Mega Power (with data logging like the Jeti Spins), Mystery, Rite Hobby, and Scorpion. A field for BEC type specification has been added for ESCs to designate linear or switching type BEC. Also added are many new larger ESCs in the 60-120 amp range and some new HV ESCs.

Gyros - One dozen new gyros that have recently hit the market.

Chargers - New products from Bantam, iCharger, DN Power, E-Flite, Integy, and Schulze. A column has also been added to show input voltage range and discharge specifications.

Balancers - More than a dozen new balancers including a new offering from Bantam, models with digital displays, and a 12S, 10A balancer from MegaPower.

Too many changes to list, another small step towards providing a comprehensive list of products in this ever-changing world of RC products. Exciting times - enjoy and have fun flying!

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
Dumb Thumbs
Virginia
Joined May 2003
207 Posts
WOW! You've been busy.

RC
RCDuggiedug is offline Find More Posts by RCDuggiedug
Old Jun 02, 2008, 03:48 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
Just found this fantastic resource. Thanks for all the work you have put in to this.

BTW I found only one of the motors I sell at www.strongrcmotors.com listed. There are many more.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Jun 02, 2008, 05:41 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Hey Don,

Thanks for the kind words and I hope that you have found this resource helpful. Looking over your site again, I believe that I have already added all of the pre-assembled motors (Komodo and ELE) that you offer. Please let me know if you see anything that I've missed.

I have yet to consider adding "kit" motors to the list as the final motor specifications are highly variable and dependent on a wide range of factors.

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2008, 09:05 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,608 Posts
I do indeed find your work helpful. I just gave the BL Motors list a closer look and sent you a PM about the only minor deviation I found. You have done a great job.

The battery listing alone is priceless for someone needing to fit a battery into a tight space. I seem to alwise end up wanting to do that. I just hate to add lead to adjust the CG.

Don
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Jun 02, 2008, 09:43 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Hey Dave,

IMO the L,W,D headings on the servo page are unclear, at least to me. With servos the size of the cutout required to fit the body through is often a critical factor. I think of this as the L and W and then D would be for the height from the bottom of the servo case to top. However I think that in your table W might be the height and D the width ?

For example, in your table Futaba S9650 is 35.5 x 28.6 x 15 (L x W x D) but by my reckoning it is 35.5 x 15 x 28.6 (L x W x H).

I guess the simple solution would be to change the column headings to L H and W but to my mind, having the order L W H is most logical.

Well just a suggestion, thanks for all your hard work in creating and maintaining this great resource
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jun 02, 2008, 10:54 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
I do indeed find your work helpful. I just gave the BL Motors list a closer look and sent you a PM about the only minor deviation I found. You have done a great job.

The battery listing alone is priceless for someone needing to fit a battery into a tight space. I seem to alwise end up wanting to do that. I just hate to add lead to adjust the CG.

Don
Don,
I agree - never add lead! I will always find the right battery weight/position to make it just right. Many helis and planes also have tight size constraints as well. I am glad to help speed up the search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Hey Dave,

IMO the L,W,D headings on the servo page are unclear, at least to me. With servos the size of the cutout required to fit the body through is often a critical factor. I think of this as the L and W and then D would be for the height from the bottom of the servo case to top. However I think that in your table W might be the height and D the width ?

For example, in your table Futaba S9650 is 35.5 x 28.6 x 15 (L x W x D) but by my reckoning it is 35.5 x 15 x 28.6 (L x W x H).

I guess the simple solution would be to change the column headings to L H and W but to my mind, having the order L W H is most logical.

Well just a suggestion, thanks for all your hard work in creating and maintaining this great resource
Ken,
Yes, I must admit that I am almost completely perplexed on my Ls, Ws, & Ds when it comes to servos. Seems so many manufacturers list them different ways that it's agonizing. Of all the lists currently posted the servo and transmitter lists need the most work. The transmitter list is short on older models and some of the latest one and the servo list is rather incomplete and needs values entered for 6V operation.

For the moment I will take your recommendation, but in the future I will look to find a clearer solution. I guess the best solution is a simple graphic illustrating relative position to servo output arm or mounting tabs, but even that can get muddied.

Thanks for the recommendation - I appreciate the input.

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:47 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
G'day David,

Not sure if you have noticed it but Hobbycity are now stocking A123 cells, might be worthwhile adding to list of vendors; although they are just genuine A123 cells.
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:23 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. After your post I went and updated the A123 and K2 LiFePO4 pricing from BattlePacks and BPHobbies (which were unchanged except for a $2 drop in the price of a K2 1250 mAH) before checking out what Hobbycity has to offer. Their price on the A123 1100 is $.10 less than at BattlePacks and their price on the 2300s is identical to the price at BPHobbies ($17.96). Coincidence?

The only other LiFePO4 offered at HobbyCity is the ABF (Advanced Battery Factory) 1200 mAH 30C rated cell, and I can say from recent first-hand experience these things are BAD. I recently completed some discharge tests on a pair that put out less than 1/2 of their rated capacity and should be rated at probably a 5C max. The chemistry is not right in these guys either, or at least not like other LiFePO4s, as they exhibit steep and continuous voltage drop even at a low C discharge.

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2008, 10:37 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
David you have probably spotted these already, but if not, when you get a chance, take a look at www.maximus-racing.com. They have a new range of "Power4" LiFePO4 becoming available. I think they are sourcing them from Asia but doing their own testing to try to find ones that work. I will be testing some of their 1100 and 1700 QX cells in the next few weeks. More info here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874621
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883183
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:24 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Thanks for the heads-up. After your post I went and updated the A123 and K2 LiFePO4 pricing from BattlePacks and BPHobbies (which were unchanged except for a $2 drop in the price of a K2 1250 mAH) before checking out what Hobbycity has to offer. Their price on the A123 1100 is $.10 less than at BattlePacks and their price on the 2300s is identical to the price at BPHobbies ($17.96). Coincidence?

The only other LiFePO4 offered at HobbyCity is the ABF (Advanced Battery Factory) 1200 mAH 30C rated cell, and I can say from recent first-hand experience these things are BAD. I recently completed some discharge tests on a pair that put out less than 1/2 of their rated capacity and should be rated at probably a 5C max. The chemistry is not right in these guys either, or at least not like other LiFePO4s, as they exhibit steep and continuous voltage drop even at a low C discharge.

- David
Hobbycity are slowly stocking a US warehouse, so local online internet providers will be price matching in order to avoid losing market share. Let's hope they sort their warranty situation out which is probably my only complaint about HC's service.

ABF are garbage, HC even state it on their site, DOG only knows why they sell them.
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:25 PM
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Oct 2004
189 Posts
FYI,
just to update, I just ordered a Evoflight 25c 3700 4S pack from Readyheli.com. Quick shipping and the price is is actually 10.00 less than the price showing on this page. I paid 159.99 and free shipping!!!
Z
jzuniga is offline Find More Posts by jzuniga
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
David you have probably spotted these already, but if not, when you get a chance, take a look at www.maximus-racing.com. They have a new range of "Power4" LiFePO4 becoming available. I think they are sourcing them from Asia but doing their own testing to try to find ones that work. I will be testing some of their 1100 and 1700 QX cells in the next few weeks. More info here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=874621
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883183
Thanks for the link - those look more promising than most other LiFePO4s that are coming out. I'll stay tuned in and let me know if you need help with some testing!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzuniga
FYI,
just to update, I just ordered a Evoflight 25c 3700 4S pack from Readyheli.com. Quick shipping and the price is is actually 10.00 less than the price showing on this page. I paid 159.99 and free shipping!!!
Z
I have updated the prices on the FlightPower lipos - it looks like ReadyHeli is offering $10 off on that one at this time. They are always good for fast shipping which is also free on orders over $99 and are a good group to deal with. Thanks for the info!

- David
RCG Plus Member