SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:04 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
The lists have seen another round of updates with many new lipos, ESCs, and motors added. All E-Flite motors have been added to the list as well as the complete updated line from Medusa motors. There are now over 1400 different motors listed! Let me know if you guys see anything else that needs to get added and help me and your fellow hobbyists out by posting up a link.

http://www.progressiverc.com/Research.html

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:11 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
701 Posts
Thanks you very much for the list!

I don't know if it make sense but the 1100 and 2300 mAh A123 Li-Ion might be something to consider having in the list.

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:30 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Hi David,

Awesome work, thank you.

Here is a dilemma. It seems that Align's new range of 3s-6s packs will have TP-style balance connectors. See here: http://www.align.com.tw/shop/index.p...33&language=en

I am not sure if they will offer packs with either style or migrate all their range to TP-style.

In either case, I think that using the keyword "Align" for the Balance Type field may become a problem. I recommend you do a global replacement in that field using "JST-XH". This will avoid any confusion.

Then you may need to add new records for Align brand packs with TP leads.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:53 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank
Thanks you very much for the list!

I don't know if it make sense but the 1100 and 2300 mAh A123 Li-Ion might be something to consider having in the list.

/Håkan
Håkan,

Thanks for the recommendation. Coincidentally, I have been working on compiling a separate list for A123 (LiFePo4) cells and packs. I guess it is jsut about ready for prime time and I will look to post it up on the website this evening. Here's a snapshot to tide you over until then :

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:05 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly
Hi David,

Awesome work, thank you.

Here is a dilemma. It seems that Align's new range of 3s-6s packs will have TP-style balance connectors. See here: http://www.align.com.tw/shop/index.p...33&language=en

I am not sure if they will offer packs with either style or migrate all their range to TP-style.

In either case, I think that using the keyword "Align" for the Balance Type field may become a problem. I recommend you do a global replacement in that field using "JST-XH". This will avoid any confusion.

Then you may need to add new records for Align brand packs with TP leads.
That is a dilemma...damn Align for making this more difficult and confusing than it already was!

Well, the first step is to remove "Align" branded balance connectors as you recommended. JST-XH is really a more meaningful name, especially now that Align is deviating from the most common balance connector which they were a large contributor to the ubiquity of.

I have replaced all references to Align balance connectors with the standard designation "JST-XH" and will get the revised info posted up soon. Hopefully Align's transition to the TP connectors is quick and clean for the new packs to avoid consumer confusion. I will see that Aligns new packs are added accurately with the correct type of balance connectors which will hopefully become consistent for Align going forward.

Thanks for the keen eye and heads-up - it is very much appreciated!

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:17 AM
ios
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
327 Posts
This is a fantastic resource, great work guys.

Can anyone identify for me the battery type pictured and provide any info/specs/opinion?

Its marked as being a Energy E.C. LiPo - 5000mAh

I recently won then on ebay real cheap, but I can't find much info on them.
ios is offline Find More Posts by ios
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:06 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
701 Posts
I had a set of two packs of 4000mAh and a set of 3500mAh of those cells. I believe it's 10C. I only run it a couple of cycles before I sold them. The internal resistance made them not fit my application where I needed more punch. But used in an application where a lower amps under some time is drawn I would say they should be OK and a barging.

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old Mar 02, 2008, 06:54 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Well guys, it looks like Align will be carrying lipos with your choice of either ThunderPower or JST-XH balance connectors on their new packs. I have added all their new lipos to the lists by model number with the balance connector type indicated. Lots of other products have also been added including 100s of servos. Here's a recap of what's listed:

http://www.progressiverc.com/Research.html

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2008, 07:03 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Hi David,

I think that summary/history table should be available on the website too if possible.

More LiFePO4 cells available here (unknown performance in the real world): http://store.peakbattery.com/lfp-26650-p-hi-.html
Old Mar 02, 2008, 07:26 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Hi David,

I think that summary/history table should be available on the website too if possible.

More LiFePO4 cells available here (unknown performance in the real world): http://store.peakbattery.com/lfp-26650-p-hi-.html
Thanks for the recommendation, I have posted the quantity recap on the main research page.

As for the LiFePO4 cells - I currently am only listing those from A123 until another technology can "prove" itself. I have ran across the cells linked above before, but have never tried them myself or seen any data to support their charge/discharge rates. It will be interesting to see how this technology develops (hopefully rapidly!).

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2008, 07:56 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Thanks David, great work as always. I notice the summary table has columns for "Helis" and "Sites" but there is no access to those sub-tables. Are they not suitable for sharing ? Just curious.
Old Mar 06, 2008, 10:40 PM
Joined Apr 2004
35 Posts
David,

your work is awesome! I can see from both my own experience and from the posts on this thread that www.ProgressiveRC.com is going to be a BIG hit! Hats off to you for your time and patience to do all this work.

I will be working with David to migrate his data from Excel spreadsheets to a database format. We would like input from you guys on what you would like to see and how you would like the data to be organized and presented.

We were planning on creating the most popular options and then adding a "build your own" querry maker for more specific requests.

Keep up the good work David. And to all you out there, keep up the ideas, additions & compliments!

Thanks,
Ernie
ernie5229 is offline Find More Posts by ernie5229
Old Mar 06, 2008, 11:25 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Thanks David, great work as always. I notice the summary table has columns for "Helis" and "Sites" but there is no access to those sub-tables. Are they not suitable for sharing ? Just curious.
Well, as you guessed, these are works in progress. They have a few hundred entries, but need a little "fleshing out" before they are ready to be posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie5229
David,

your work is awesome! I can see from both my own experience and from the posts on this thread that www.ProgressiveRC.com is going to be a BIG hit! Hats off to you for your time and patience to do all this work.

I will be working with David to migrate his data from Excel spreadsheets to a database format. We would like input from you guys on what you would like to see and how you would like the data to be organized and presented.

We were planning on creating the most popular options and then adding a "build your own" querry maker for more specific requests.

Keep up the good work David. And to all you out there, keep up the ideas, additions & compliments!

Thanks,
Ernie
Thanks for the email and for volunteering to help. I sure needed someone with just your experience to help pull this data together and present it in a more functional way.

Cheers!

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2008, 03:41 AM
Dumb Thumbs
Virginia
Joined May 2003
207 Posts
David

Thanks for the hard work. Such a comprehensive list takes dedication.

You might have this in your private list already. But, What do you think about a columb with the date of the latest update on data for each battery? I think that might also help you to know how long it's been since this or that battery info has been updated. You might already have a better method.

RCDuggiedug
RCDuggiedug is offline Find More Posts by RCDuggiedug
Old Mar 07, 2008, 10:42 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDuggiedug
David

Thanks for the hard work. Such a comprehensive list takes dedication.

You might have this in your private list already. But, What do you think about a columb with the date of the latest update on data for each battery? I think that might also help you to know how long it's been since this or that battery info has been updated. You might already have a better method.

RCDuggiedug
Great suggestion RCDuggiedug! The only data that should ever need to be updated is the price/link. As this goes into database form we will add this information. Thanks for the recommendation!
RCG Plus Member