HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwrick
What a great spreadsheet. Thanks for compiling it. I couldn't find the Elite's are they listed under a different name? They have it at "cheapbatterypacks.com"
You are very welcome, I hope it has proven useful. I have added the "Elite" line of batteries as well as quite a few PolyRC lipos that they carry that were missing from the lists - thanks for the link and let me know if you see any others missing!

- David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:06 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Feb 2002
669 Posts
I think the Flightpower 2S 400 info is wrong.
DownInFlames is offline Find More Posts by DownInFlames
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames
I think the Flightpower 2S 400 info is wrong.
You are correct, the C rating and weight were switched around on that one - thanks! I fixed the mistake and updated the pricing on the FlightPower lipos as well. They have seen a few dollar price drop in recent weeks. Thanks for contributing and let me know if you see any more updates or corrections that need to be made. The new lists have been posted which now include over 1700 lipos - enjoy!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2008, 09:01 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Feb 2002
669 Posts
Thanks for putting in all this effort.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:55 PM
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Oct 2004
189 Posts
write2dgray,
you've probably already heard this, but THANKS for the info. Makes it lots easier for me to pick a good pack.
Z
jzuniga is offline Find More Posts by jzuniga
Old Jan 24, 2008, 07:37 PM
Joined May 2004
160 Posts
Write2dgray,
Here I was scratching my head trying to figure out what type of balance connector is On my packs, and i stumble across your thread here and found what you did. I just wanted to say Thank you! thank you! thank you! You helped me figure it out. you Da Man. DOC
Corpsman is offline Find More Posts by Corpsman
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:29 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for putting in all this effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzuniga
write2dgray,
you've probably already heard this, but THANKS for the info. Makes it lots easier for me to pick a good pack.
Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman
Write2dgray,
Here I was scratching my head trying to figure out what type of balance connector is On my packs, and i stumble across your thread here and found what you did. I just wanted to say Thank you! thank you! thank you! You helped me figure it out. you Da Man. DOC
No problem guys, I'm glad you have found it helpful. I will continue to develop and add to the lists to ensure that they are the most comprehensive lists of RC products available. The lists now include over 4,000 unique items!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:39 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Port Orchard, WA
Joined Feb 2002
669 Posts
Will you take products off when they are no longer available (new models) or leave them on for reference?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:10 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Will you take products off when they are no longer available (new models) or leave them on for reference?
The price of discontinued or out of stock products is in black with white text and the comments sections describes there status. These products will be left on the chart for comparative purposes.

For instance, although older Gen 2 ThunderPower Lipos are discontinued and getting hard to find, they have a higher mAh per gram than just about any other 2S battery out today and are still my first choice in some applications where the C rating is sufficient. It is also nice to be able to compare the new products to the older generations and other discontinued products to see how they differ.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2008, 07:48 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
All the lists have been updated to include many new products and the motor list has been expanded to include every motor from Hobbycity/United Hobbies. The complete lines from many other manufacturers including Mega Motors, MP Jet, MicroDAN, Torcman, Suppo, Turnigy were added and there are now over 1200 motors listed in total. Columns can be sorted in the spreadsheets by clicking on the column headings. Enjoy!

http://www.progressiverc.com/Research.html

here's a snapshot of what's currently listed:

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
anything Yak
Joined May 2007
443 Posts
write2dgray,

I personally know what it takes to keep a webpage up to date. There's a lot of time involved, esp. the research you've put in.

Just wanted to give you my appreciation for your efforts.

Thx for your invaluable website.
3d-harrier is offline Find More Posts by 3d-harrier
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
720 Posts
Thank you.

You've seen it before, but you'll see it again...thank you for putting in the effort. It is truly a great resource. What I didn't see, however, were Parkzone lipos. Did I just miss them somewhere, or are they simply listed by the true manufacturer? Regards.

Dave
ArsonDave is offline Find More Posts by ArsonDave
Old Feb 12, 2008, 03:53 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-harrier
write2dgray,

I personally know what it takes to keep a webpage up to date. There's a lot of time involved, esp. the research you've put in.

Just wanted to give you my appreciation for your efforts.

Thx for your invaluable website.
You are very welcome. I appreciate the empathy and I am more than happy to put in the work once to save everyone else the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonDave
You've seen it before, but you'll see it again...thank you for putting in the effort. It is truly a great resource. What I didn't see, however, were Parkzone lipos. Did I just miss them somewhere, or are they simply listed by the true manufacturer? Regards.

Dave
Dave,

Hmmm, parkzone lipos, as carried by HorizonHobby by the looks of it. Do you know of any other vendors for this brand? I had not previously ran across these.

Regardless, thanks for the appreciation and the link. I will get them added ASAP.

Cheers,
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:02 PM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Hmmm, parkzone lipos, as carried by HorizonHobby by the looks of it. Do you know of any other vendors for this brand? I had not previously ran across these.

Regardless, thanks for the appreciation and the link. I will get them added ASAP.

Cheers,
David
David,

To be honest with you, I don't know who sells these other than hobby dealers (speaking about a local shop here) who happen to deal with either Park Zone or Hobby Zone products. For what it's worth, I have only seen certain PZ planes being sold with lipo batteries which might cause a person to look for a specific replacement lipo. For me, I bought a F27-C Stryker that had a lipo, and I ended up buying an additional battery to fit in that plane.

If it helps in your search about the batteries, I have been on the FMA Direct site pertaining to the Cellpro charger. They have a balancing device that they say matches up with a bunch of different batteries. Most of these tend to have (what appears to be) an "Align" balance lead connector.

Here is the link for the Cellpro site that has a pdf file pertaining to specific batteries: http://www.fmadirect.com/support_docs/item_1231.pdf .

Perhaps you can make more of this than I can. Nonetheless, your work has provided a valuable resource to those like me who are totally lost in the hobby.

Best regards,

Dave
ArsonDave is offline Find More Posts by ArsonDave
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
idiot (non-savant)
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Joined Jan 2005
89 Posts
tdrnmartin is offline Find More Posts by tdrnmartin
Last edited by tdrnmartin; Feb 16, 2008 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Comment moved to the correct thread