SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
Suncoaster
Australia, QLD, Cooloola Cove
Joined Jan 2006
158 Posts
Excellent Work

Thanks for a great research tool. Much appreciated.

Dave
DavidWalker is online now Find More Posts by DavidWalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2007, 02:00 AM
Joined Oct 2007
2 Posts
Thanks great work

Is it possible to order by two parameters, ex. first mAh end than mAh/g?

Thanks a lot.

Bye, Mirco
mozzmozz is offline Find More Posts by mozzmozz
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzmozz
Is it possible to order by two parameters, ex. first mAh end than mAh/g?

Thanks a lot.

Bye, Mirco
Mirco,

Not at this time. You can filter the results by searching within one column (search for "800" in mAh) and then sort those results by another column (i.e. descending by mAh/g).

.................................................. ........

For those just jumping on this thread, you can check out the electric flight lists which I've posted here:

http://www.progressiverc.com/Research.html

There are currently lists for 2S to 15S lipos, gyros, ESCs, receivers, balancers, chargers, watt meters, etc. with product specs to aid in your search for the perfect component set-up.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2007, 06:04 PM
mondo1948
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2007
1,015 Posts
Hi David,
I'm new to RC airplane flying....I literally just bought my first plane at the beginning of October, 2007. In reading everything I could get my hands on to build up my knowledge, one area that was very confusing was the issue of batteries. So many different adds claiming to be the best, cheapest and lightest weight, etc.

I have to say that I, and I'm sure the other members of this forum, really appreciate you taking the time to share the information you have gathered.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Mondo
mondo1948 is offline Find More Posts by mondo1948
Old Dec 09, 2007, 08:58 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Amazing work. Thank you, thank you.

This may also affect prices in a good way. Competition is keener when comparisons are handy. You could become the Kelly's blue book of lipos.

Thanks so much.

Jim
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Old Dec 09, 2007, 09:08 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle
Price List of Every Available LiPo Battery (2S-12S).....

thats one bite that will be very hard to chew on..... too many to list and the market is always in flux.

you may end up with Carpal Tunnel but you will never get every available battery listed especially with pricing

That being said its a noble (albeit slightly insane) pursuit and the spec comparison is handy even if the prices are only relevant until you hit the enter key.

What do you do when a battery (like Polyquest or TP) is available at different prices from different dealers? I wouldn't worry about it, just put the mnfctr's price or do it as you currently are.

I don't think you should feel obligated to keep current, it might eventually burn you out. You could let the community give you the info. If any company complains, let them provide you with current data. You could let dealers advertise specials (non-standard prices). Pretty soon you'll be the place people go first when looking for lipos.

Besides, the exact price is not important. The list tells us the main mnfctrs, and a good idea of relative pricing and quality of different batteries from different sources. Though exact prices may fluctuate quickly, that doesn't matter, when the list can tell me what brand and seller usually has the best batteries at the best prices. Your list already does this great, and that kind of info won't change rapidly.

Thanks again for this.

Jim
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Old Dec 09, 2007, 09:23 PM
Southwest Florida
Joined Mar 2004
3,246 Posts
Added to my favorites list. Thanks, going to make researching batteries a whole lot easier. Jim
Jimbo45cn is offline Find More Posts by Jimbo45cn
Old Dec 09, 2007, 10:14 PM
Fenton,MO USA
Joined Aug 2005
1,268 Posts
Holy COW !!

Great work !

This will be add to my favorites for sure.

Blazer
BlazerB52 is offline Find More Posts by BlazerB52
Old Dec 09, 2007, 10:48 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud-9
What do you do when a battery (like Polyquest or TP) is available at different prices from different dealers? I wouldn't worry about it, just put the mnfctr's price or do it as you currently are.

I don't think you should feel obligated to keep current, it might eventually burn you out. You could let the community give you the info. If any company complains, let them provide you with current data. You could let dealers advertise specials (non-standard prices). Pretty soon you'll be the place people go first when looking for lipos.

Besides, the exact price is not important. The list tells us the main mnfctrs, and a good idea of relative pricing and quality of different batteries from different sources. Though exact prices may fluctuate quickly, that doesn't matter, when the list can tell me what brand and seller usually has the best batteries at the best prices. Your list already does this great, and that kind of info won't change rapidly.

Thanks again for this.

Jim
My thoughts exactly, Jim. It was initially intended to serve only for comparative data, but the low price links are also useful when shopping around as there are so many sources and options.

As a rule, I list the lowest price I have seen for each item. If a lower price on any item is brought to my attention I will make the update. I know that vendors and dealers have used the price listings to see how competitive there products are and to make changes to or price their product line. Competition is good.

I have been hard at work adding hundreds upon hundreds of motors and servos to the lists in an effort to cover all the possible options. Complete listings are now finished for every single Neu and Scorpion motor made with all the pertinent motor parameters. Two new lists are being finalized and will also be posted soon. One of the new lists will show the different heli models available and the other will be an extensive list of online sites, categorized with information about each one.

The lists are published and updated on my website, ProgressiveRC.com. Here is a snapshot of where the lists stand currently and how they have grown in recent weeks - enjoy!

- David

RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:26 AM
Joined Aug 2007
3 Posts
Excellent work David! My congratulations!
What about RCPilot.eu chargers? I happened today to be there and see that they have a good price off for the season.
poco is offline Find More Posts by poco
Old Dec 13, 2007, 03:05 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
USA, KY, Hebron
Joined Dec 2005
2,730 Posts
David,

Thanks for this excellent resource. I have one recommendation for you - instead of filtering with a search function (allows exact match only), can you implement a filter where we would specify a min, max, or range for specific columns? To me the first places this comes to mind would be current delivery, weight, and size.

Sorry if this was already recommended, didn't have a chance to read through the entire thread.
habitforming is offline Find More Posts by habitforming
Old Dec 13, 2007, 03:58 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poco
Excellent work David! My congratulations!
What about RCPilot.eu chargers? I happened today to be there and see that they have a good price off for the season.
Interesting site there dedicated to A123 batteries and charging solutions. I have added it to the list - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming
David,

Thanks for this excellent resource. I have one recommendation for you - instead of filtering with a search function (allows exact match only), can you implement a filter where we would specify a min, max, or range for specific columns? To me the first places this comes to mind would be current delivery, weight, and size.

Sorry if this was already recommended, didn't have a chance to read through the entire thread.
I appreciate the kind words and support. Currently the lists are generated directly from Excel spreadsheets with some interesting code that allows for sorting and filtering. I appreciate the suggestion for filtering by ranges, but it is currently beyond my coding skills to integrate this in as designed and would probably require me going to a database type information structure. I will certainly keep this in mind moving forward. If a better mouse-trap becomes apparent, then transferring the data to another format should not be overly difficult. For now, the best solution is to use the sort feature (by clicking on the column headings) to sort the data and then view the desired range.

- David
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:23 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Dec 2007
145 Posts
Nice read, saved my a buttload of time !
globalarray is offline Find More Posts by globalarray
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
I have added the balance connector type as part of the description for each battery as suggested by a user here on RCGroups. Here is a partial screenshot of the 3S LiPo battery list filtered by "2100 mAh" and sorted by mAh per gram as an example of what's available:

If you see any updates or revisions that need to be made please let me know.

Cheers!
David
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2007, 07:10 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Great work! really comes in handy. New battery you might want to add. Thunderpower High Performance 3s 1900 mah 11.1 v 20c to 40c for $60 at http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...NCE-LIPOS.html

Thanks
Wulf_Flieger is offline Find More Posts by Wulf_Flieger