HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2011, 03:29 AM View Post
johnna_krupa
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while johnna_krupa edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:55 AM
AKA Boomhauer
Arkansas
Joined May 2008
291 Posts
Anyone experience the Venom Batteries?
Venom LiPo 2S 1P 7.4V 430mAh 20C JST
It is tough to find a 2s 480-500mah battery. for me anyhow
Thanks for any input.
Lomchevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomchevac
Old Jul 02, 2011, 10:11 PM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Apr 2011
15 Posts
Hello all
I have an accucell 6 charger and only need to charge 1300 and 1800 batteries. What type of power supply do I need and at what amps should I be charging at? Sorry for the newbie questions, but just want to make sure I get it right.
Scooter Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Scooter Pilot
Old Jul 03, 2011, 12:52 AM
Ennnnncommmming!!!!!
Bellevue, WA
Joined Sep 2008
920 Posts
I think a standard 10 amp power supply will work just fine. I have a Dynamite 10 Amp power supply that can be found here: http://www.ehobbies.com/dyn4055.html...mpaign=froogle

I also have some ATX computer power supplies that I've converted over to use to power chargers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Pilot View Post
Hello all
I have an accucell 6 charger and only need to charge 1300 and 1800 batteries. What type of power supply do I need and at what amps should I be charging at? Sorry for the newbie questions, but just want to make sure I get it right.
Cougar Zeke is offline Find More Posts by Cougar Zeke
Old Jul 03, 2011, 04:07 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Pilot View Post
Hello all
Think the ac 6 can only charge up to 6 amps and you wont need anything near that for those lipos,if you charge the 1800 at 2c it will only need 3.6 amps.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:52 PM
Southern Darling Downs Qld, Australia
Joined Sep 2010
148 Posts
Robbe 8560 Charger "storage?"

Hi, i have a Robbe 8560 charger and cannot find out if it can charge my Lipos to "storage" voltage. It mentions "delta peak " in the book and i am wondering if this has something to do with it? Grateful for any info on how to get these down to storage voltage. Cheers Ken
Kennyglide is offline Find More Posts by Kennyglide
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:26 AM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyglide View Post
Hi, i have a Robbe 8560 charger and cannot find out if it can charge my Lipos to "storage" voltage. It mentions "delta peak " in the book and i am wondering if this has something to do with it? Grateful for any info on how to get these down to storage voltage. Cheers Ken
You dont charge to a storage voltage you discharge to the voltage so look for storage or discharge,hope this helps some.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Jul 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Southern Darling Downs Qld, Australia
Joined Sep 2010
148 Posts
Yeah thanks Magic, can't see any facility on this for storage or discharge, would there be some other way to discharge the lipos to storage voltage? Regards Ken
Kennyglide is offline Find More Posts by Kennyglide
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:05 PM
United States, CA, Indio
Joined Apr 2011
18 Posts
I was wondering what people use for DC power while at the field for charging batteries. I have a Hitec X-4 and charge only 3S and 4S LiPos. Thanks in advance...
Skyshoe is offline Find More Posts by Skyshoe
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined May 2002
625 Posts
Skyshoe -

I did use my car battery with my charger but have inadvertently run the car battery down a few times. More recently I bought a $90 gasoline powered generator at Harbor Freight and used it - it's a bit noisy but works fine.

Richard
rszanti is offline Find More Posts by rszanti
Old Aug 01, 2011, 09:14 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Feb 2008
40 Posts
skyshoe. a few of my friends have purchased a car battery for charging at the local flying field. Of course, then you need to purchase a battery charger for the battery and, remember to charge it..........I've decided to charge my batteries at home !
rcjames1 is offline Find More Posts by rcjames1
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:06 AM View Post
flyedcowboy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
26 Posts
I would imagine that there's very little hard data or tests that proves one brand outlasts another, or is in some way superior. I am currently getting back in to flying and am educating myself the best I can on everything that has to do with electric flying. I've seen batteries on eBay advertised as new, that have names I found on the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread. Can someone take a second and list the Major brands for batteries that have a long and good history of use. I've found some that are much cheaper than on other hobby websites, I just don't know if I'm buying a lemon or not. The brand I found for much cheaper on eBay was Zippy. This wasn't one of the brands listed in the test of the first thread, but was included in the spreadsheet on the website. Any help would be appreciated.
Linkman81 is offline Find More Posts by Linkman81
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:55 AM View Post
lxtbattery
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:32 AM
Tucson
Joined Nov 2009
1,008 Posts
Great! More information is good.

The price range for 5,000 mAh batteries is appalling. I have been trying non-US alternatives, because the down home prices are more than an ARF!

Like: a column for actual feedback. I use 5,000 mAh batteries in series. Although they are sorta rated to handle 100A, I am burning out cells in the KingMax and Zippy brands. Would like to hear feedback from others using the $40 batteries.
wuest3141 is offline Find More Posts by wuest3141