HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2008, 08:06 AM
Suncoaster
Australia, QLD, Cooloola Cove
Joined Jan 2006
169 Posts
K2 Lfp26650p

David, Just purchased 8 of the K2 LFP26650P without CID cells from Battle Packs for $12.00 ea, showing at $16.60 on your chart.

Thanks for all the good work.
Dave
DavidWalker is offline Find More Posts by DavidWalker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:59 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Hmmm...now they are listed as "$e-mail for quote." Looks like these cells are going through some price fluctuations. In the meantime, pricing has been updated on the original LiFePO4s, with lower rates from aircraft-world on the A123s - $12.50 for the 1100s and $16.50 for the 2300s.

Thanks for the update and I will check back to see if the prices are posted on the cells at Robotic Power Solutions (Battle Packs), as I try to avoid reporting pricing that is not publicly available.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
Central Florida. USA
Joined Mar 2008
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray

Thanks for the update and I will check back to see if the prices are posted on the cells at Robotic Power Solutions (Battle Packs), as I try to avoid reporting pricing that is not publicly available.
At Robot Marketplace (linked from http://www.battlepack.com/A123.asp) you have to select "DESIGN YOUR OWN PACK- Lithium Ion packs" and select loose cells as the pack type. Price is $17.00 ea.

MadMax
MadMax389 is offline Find More Posts by MadMax389
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:06 AM
Suncoaster
Australia, QLD, Cooloola Cove
Joined Jan 2006
169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax389
At Robot Marketplace (linked from http://www.battlepack.com/A123.asp) you have to select "DESIGN YOUR OWN PACK- Lithium Ion packs" and select loose cells as the pack type. Price is $17.00 ea.

MadMax
MM I have just checked again and the price listed is $12 per cell. I clicked on Design your own pack - Li-Ion, then selected 2500Mah LFP26650P LiFePo Li-Ion (3.2V cells) and selected Single cells, the price displayed is as I previously stated.

Dave
DavidWalker is offline Find More Posts by DavidWalker
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:01 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
You are right - the trick is first you have to jump over to Robot MarketPlace from Battle Pack (associated companies). Here is a direct link:

http://www.robotcombat.com/products/...ld_li-ion.html

I will update the prices to show $12/cell with a link to Robot MarketPlace. Thanks for your patience in clearing that up Dave!

Cheers,
David

FYI: They also have a new low price on the A123 1100s of $11/cell.
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2008, 09:52 AM
Joined Feb 2008
21 Posts
Heah every one does believe that that are a thousands of options to chose from , but why are you taking it as aburden ?
I mean like you can have an optimized choice of your product , that is what ever is need of you , choose that , what ever is in cost effective for you , choose that , and also what ever it is that is suiting your need the most , get that.
it is not like you have to get all of the batteries in the market cause they are available !!!

------------------------
San Diego Home Insurance
sayad is offline Find More Posts by sayad
Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
Go ahead... Build it to crash!
Conroe, TX
Joined Apr 2007
2,641 Posts
???
Fuegodeth is offline Find More Posts by Fuegodeth
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:03 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayad
Heah every one does believe that that are a thousands of options to chose from , but why are you taking it as aburden ?
I mean like you can have an optimized choice of your product , that is what ever is need of you , choose that , what ever is in cost effective for you , choose that , and also what ever it is that is suiting your need the most , get that.
it is not like you have to get all of the batteries in the market cause they are available !!!

------------------------
San Diego Home Insurance
I am sorry, your post does not seem to make sense to me. This thread provides a very useful data set that allows you to find those items that best meet your needs. No one ever suggest you buy them all.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Oct 09, 2008, 08:25 PM
</\>
Wilmington, NC
Joined Oct 2008
16 Posts
Excellent list! Very helpful to compare at a glance. Thanks for the hard work and effort.
Ampre is offline Find More Posts by Ampre
Old Oct 10, 2008, 07:50 AM View Post
victor2008
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while victor2008 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:23 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel K. Scholz
You Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the great info
!!Do a good job!!
duanduanly52 is offline Find More Posts by duanduanly52
Old Oct 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joined May 2002
627 Posts
Unbelievable, an amazing piece of work ! I started one myself just for batteries and was overwhelmed, then I found this. Everything I needed and some. Thank you.

I can add a bit, Hobbycity is now providing Rhino batteries with what appears to be pretty good prices. Don't know about quality but a good range of sizes - might be worth adding to your list.

Richard
rszanti is offline Find More Posts by rszanti
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:43 AM
Electric flyer
Renton, WA, US
Joined Oct 2007
1,291 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Gadex brand lipos? I'm seeing them on eBay for fairly cheap, direct from HK. GadgetWorldExports is the seller. 2S, 3S and 4S packs up to 4500mAh. High C rates (25c) and low weight.
fly time is offline Find More Posts by fly time
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:14 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,625 Posts
I have not tried them, but the shipping charge is outrageous, and they only discount shipping 20% for combined shipments. That indicates 80% of the shipping charge is really just part of the price and profit.

On a total cost basis I think Hobby city is a better source.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Oct 29, 2008, 01:31 PM
Electric flyer
Renton, WA, US
Joined Oct 2007
1,291 Posts
Speaking of eBay lipos, let me share with you my experience with a few different Hong Kong brands:

Mystery - this is my favorite brand of el-cheapo batteries. I have several 3S lipos of varying capacities, and all are conservatively rated with respect to c ratings and capacity. They are also extraordinarily light weight. Build quality is just okay, but performance has exceeded my expectations for all of them, with the exception of a pair of 2S 900mAh 15c that are significantly overrated. My favorite is the 3S 2200mAh 25c. This battery really puts out the juice!

Power.focus - I've bought several of these and found them to be just ok. Discharge voltage holds up pretty well under load, but build quality is poor (balance tap leads have come un-soldered) and capacity is generally overstated. A couple have held up, but a couple others have died after 30 cycles or so.

RC Smart - I have a 3S 3900mAh 15c and a 2S 2250mAh 15c. Build quality is above average (very good for the 3900), but capacity and c ratings are slightly overstated. The jury is still out on longevity, but so far so good.
fly time is offline Find More Posts by fly time