HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2005
3,434 Posts
Help!
How to Make New Tx Case Fit My Optic

I got to thinking that I might like to order a new tx case with the new antenna mount. Gonna fly in Vegas sometime this winter I hope. Of course as it stands, it will not work in my Optic case. Is in ONLY becuase of the handle? There seems to be no issue on clearance of the tx back. If it is only the handle that gets in the way, I've already solved that issue.

How about it - is the handle the only issue with this new case in an Optic?
IPFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IPFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
I am fairly certain that the NEW style case that is produced for the Futaba 9C will point the antenna DOWN in a Optic 6. The case for the Futaba 9Z still lists the Optic 6 as a compatible radio.

The 9C connection pins for the module are near the handle, not near the bottom of the radio, so the new module on the 9C allows the antenna to point UP.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Closed Thread