SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:16 AM
Portchester Nr Portsmouth, Hampshire UK
Joined Nov 2006
1,377 Posts
Discussion
DX7 Throttle cut if bad signal lo radio power

I have just bought a DX7 and after a Futaba 6XH, quite a lot to learn before I do flight trials.
Anyway, most things sorted BUT:-

Can I programme the throttle to cut if Raido power or signal lost.
Thanks
Heritic
Heritic is offline Find More Posts by Heritic
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:19 AM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
You can't make one NOT cut the throttle. However, you MUST rebind after programming the TX for this to work correctly with a gas or glow model, or with one of those rare ESCs that need the throttle channel reversed.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
I need a bigger hangar
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2007
195 Posts
The biggest point of confusion in programming the DX7 is that it needs to be rebound (re-binded??) several times as programming progresses. The first time is to bind it to the model number you are going to use. Then after trimming and servo installation. The most critical one is the final one and that establishes the position of all control surfaces and throttle when power is applied to the receiver and before the rx has time to acquire the tx. Set the default stick positions before turning on the tx for the last bind you intend to do and those become the default rx power up positions.

Loss of signal then causes the rx to hold the last stick positions and cut the throttle to the position at last binding.

As an aside, the BR6100 goes to the bind position of all sticks at loss of signal. That's the only difference between it and an AR6100
colecaz is offline Find More Posts by colecaz
Old Nov 01, 2007, 07:47 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
San Mateo, Ca , USA
Joined Jun 2000
5,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McGregor
You can't make one NOT cut the throttle. However, you MUST rebind after programming the TX for this to work correctly with a gas or glow model, or with one of those rare ESCs that need the throttle channel reversed.

It does not "Cut"the throttle, the throttle will go to the position of the throttle stick at the time of the last binding. If you binded the rx to the tx with the throttle stick at full power, it will go to that setting.

So it is wiser to rebind the rx to the tx after everything is set to the proper trims.

Brian, an EAJ
bhchan is offline Find More Posts by bhchan
Old Nov 01, 2007, 08:05 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Yes, I knew that... could have written it up more clearly I suppose.
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor