Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:14 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Discussion
FIRST F3P IN UK and IRELAND

At long last we have made a start on F3P in the UK . The well know IMAC pilot Mathew Poots is arranging a F3P and AM event in Lisburn just a few miles outside Belfast Northern Ireland . We are starting with a C shedule as we are all learning both pilots and judges but this has proven to be a hit and we have 20 pilots comitted to fly . Next years event is already being planned , this is how keen we all are to fly F3P .
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:45 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Good luck Richard, hope you get more interest than we ever managed!
We had the NIA sports hall as a venue 10 basketball courts adn a very high ceiling yet we could still only find about 4 people interested.

Andy
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:58 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Andy , indoor flying has really taken of here ,mainly due to the weather but the biggest bonus for us is the help we receive from the likes of Donatas and of course the crazy Dutch men Bert ,Dick and Derk ! Derk was here in the North during the summer and he amazed everyone with his indoor flying skills , one commant was that his AM made the hairs stand on the back of your neck ! So we owe alot to other people for the help advice and encouragement that they have given us
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:38 AM
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Hi Richard,

I see that the flyer states BMFA insurance is required. Will MACI insurance not be accepted?
It's probably best I don't fly anyway - I'm still embarassingly poor at precision flying. Hopefully by the end of the season I'll have had enough indoor opportunities to raise my standard for next year. I might come along and watch though.
The hall in Lisburn is a very good venue (so long as its not divided in half). Are there any other fun events planned over the coming months. There might be a few guys from Cork and a few from the Dublin area interested.

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:16 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Aiden , MACI is totally acceptable as we will have flyers from Donegal !
Aiden , we are all poor flyers accept for the few ! The idea in running this event is to encourage us all as flyers to develope our skills and this is a new competition so we are all learning ! My Dad is 76 he learnt how to prop hang last year and he has stolen my Future to fly in the entry level schedule so no excuses please ! All classes of pilots are welcome and a warm welcome will be made to all
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:20 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Febuary will be a possable date for another F3P event , we will be working hard to get more fun events as i seen they do a funfly obsticle course in Mons so this type of thing can go hand in hand with the F3P .

Richard
Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:25 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Oh, just spotted that it's on a Friday. That could be a problem.
I'm working in Clonmel at the moment and that would be at least a 4hr drive on a Friday afternoon. I wouldn't make it until very late so probably not worth it. However I was considering taking a weeks holidays in early December and if I'm not working that Friday I just might come along and give the F3P-C a go.

Whether I do or not February definitely sounds good.

What does the entry level non-aerobatic schedule consist of

Aidan
Last edited by Aio_1; Oct 30, 2007 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Re-read the flyer and noticed it's on a Friday
Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Aiden , take a day off and have a go !
Entry level
TAKE OFF
ONE CIRCUIT
LEVEL FLIGHT
FIGURE 8
LOOP
PROCEDURE TURN -RIGHT
PROCEDURE TURN- LEFT
LANDING
This should be attempted by anyone and the more you practise the easier it becomes !

Richard
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
Northern Ireland
Joined Oct 2007
26 Posts
Hi Richard, great news about to competition. Andrew got the emails today about it. I sent you a pm last night about a motor for the Clik as I've got two coming for Andrew and myself, so we need to get cracking on the building as soon as they arrive. Try and get down to Bushmills some Friday evening?

Clifford
Clifford W is offline Find More Posts by Clifford W
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:15 PM
Tennessee/Mid-South US
Joined Mar 2002
1,534 Posts
Good for you guys!!! Great to see new events going : )

Aidan, if you don't fly, we'll call you a big chicken (or whatever Irish put-down is appropriate! : )
matchlessaero is offline Find More Posts by matchlessaero
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:02 PM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
After due deliberation I've decided to do my best to make it.
I think there'll be 3 of us from the Dublin/Kildare area. One's been flying F3A for years but hasn't tried F3P yet and then there's myself and probably my father.

Richard,
I'd be interested to see what you guys with a little more indoor experience think of the Index 2 compared to the likes of the Clik. I'm sure the Clik is more refined but I'd be interested to know if the Index 2 is far behind. You'll be welcome to have a play with it if the opportunity arises.

Aidan
Last edited by Aio_1; Oct 30, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:20 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Clifford , thanks for the mail and i returned one so this may help with your quest for the ultamite motor !
Aiden great news , i think i remember you at Lisburn a year or so back and the index was in its early days of developement ! Sure looked a beautiful bird and the pilot was not bad either so you can feel relaxed and enjoy the event . There are a few videos on the F3P-C schedule on the Vander Vechts home page and Dick has said for all interested pilots to take a look and this may help !
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:32 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Matchlessaero , thanks for the kind words of encouragement , keep the pressure on Aiden lol .
I have been told that there will be Cliks ,Yaks ,F3A'S a Snip some home designs and now an Index , im flying Donatases Future so is my father and brother , for the AM im sticking with my Futurion ! If i can sort music out lol.

Richard
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:34 AM
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
...i think i remember you at Lisburn a year or so back and the index was in its early days of developement !...
Yeah, the original Index got it's maiden flight in Lisburn that time. Only time I've been there I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd
...There are a few videos on the F3P-C schedule on the Vander Vechts home page and Dick has said for all interested pilots to take a look and this may help...
Do you have a link handy Richard?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 06:20 AM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
Richard,

I do not think the F3P-C pattern being flown in the van der Vechts videos ( http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/d.vandervecht/ ) is the same as what was posted above.

Not that it is my business because as much as I'd like to, I don't think I'll be able to make the trip from Texas to Lisburn! Best of luck!

Mike
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24