SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
Joined Aug 2007
5 Posts
Help!
Super Cub - Need help on engine and battery upgrade

I have a HobbyZone Super Cub that I would like to increase power for more speed and fun. Please give me recommendations for an engine upgrade (hopefully brushless) and a battery upgrade. If someone has gone that route I would like to know what they used and what mods were needed to incorporate a different motor. Thanks
genepeele is offline Find More Posts by genepeele
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genepeele
I have a HobbyZone Super Cub that I would like to increase power for more speed and fun. Please give me recommendations for an engine upgrade (hopefully brushless) and a battery upgrade. If someone has gone that route I would like to know what they used and what mods were needed to incorporate a different motor. Thanks
See my Blog page (click on my user name). I detailed the complete upgrade mod for most E-FLite Park motors.

However, if you want the same performance, then simply replace the electronics of the plane with a Castle Creations Pixie 20P, and the servos of your choice.

Then slip a ThunderPower 3s 1320mAH Li-Po into the battery compartment. It's a perfect fit.

Then replace the stock prop with a GWS 10x6 DD.

Take off runs of 20'-25' with a 4.5 ounce camera onboard.

See for yourself... stock motor on 3s with a smaller prop...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...23#post8394232

Chuck
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)