Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
871 Posts
Discussion
Aerodrome Models - Saginaw Michigan???

In the late 80s, there was a company called Aerodrome Models out of Saginaw. They had great scale kits that I built a couple of...Gypsy Moth, Fly Baby Bipe. Hand cut, fabulous quality.

Does anyone know if this company still exists or if someone bought the rights to their models? If I remember, one of the owners first name was, Dick, and he was a column writer for one of the big magazines. He had designed a beautiful PA11 cub for a magazine article. The other owner was an orthopedic dr. or surgeon. I can't remember his name.

I am looking for some plans for their models. I had powered mine back then with Astro 40 cobalt motors and they flew great. I would like to build one of these kits, or scratch build one from plans for my son. If anyone has any info, please pass it on.

Thanks,
Rick
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:59 PM
Isle of Rhode, US
Joined Sep 2004
1,041 Posts
I "Googled" Dick Watz Aerodrome Models and came up with this as quoted from another RC website:

"Dick Watz, owner/founder of Aerodrome Models, now writes for R/C Report magazine. You can email him (watz7@aol.com) - he helped me with something missing form a kit I have. Good luck with the Jenny. It is a much sought after kit. I've bid on a couple, but they command too high a price for me!"

Hope that helps.
SKY KING is offline Find More Posts by SKY KING
Old Oct 28, 2007, 07:21 PM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
871 Posts
Dick Watz! Yes that's his name.... Thanks for the info!
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
Old May 14, 2009, 08:22 AM
Yea, Victoria, Australia
Joined May 2009
1 Posts
Curtiss Jenny

Hi, new to this. have a Aerodrome Models Curtiss jenny Kit. Items never removed from box, only the plan opened. Best Kit I have. Seeking other plans by Aerodrome Models. Am in Australia.
Hextron is offline Find More Posts by Hextron