HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
Discussion
New Motor for T-Rex 600?

My 600L motor sounds like the bearings are shot.. it rattles and sounds like crap so i need to get a new one. I dont think i can send it back under warranty as i managed to scratch it up in the vice when trying to get a stuck pinion off (just asthetic scratches) and i got the kit from overseas...

Should i just go for the 600XL motor? I notice there are a couple of options now, the 1650KV and a new 1700KV. Has anyone tried the 1700KV version?

Are there any better after market motors available for a reasonable price? What do people recomend for the standard 6cell Setup? I'm not into hard 3D yet, but am getting there on the sim... Mainly fast forward flight with some loops and flips and that sort of thing.

Cheers,

Arven.
Arven is offline Find More Posts by Arven
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,533 Posts
Most just move up to a higher quality motor. Neu Motors are one of the best choices. The exact selection depends on if you have a stock, modified, or aftermarket frame. The larger diameter motors are the best (1910, 1912) but they won’t fit the stock frame without modifications.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Oct 29, 2007, 01:16 AM
Joined Apr 2006
132 Posts
I managed to fix my 600l motor! Nice smooth motor now! It was a pretty big mission pulling the motor apart (I had to make some special tools to do it) and getting the bearings out etc.. the bottom one was stuffed.. Burnt black grease or something splattered around the bottom bearing, and I can see where the side of the bearing has opened up…

I measured the bearings, and had a look in my spares, and hey! They look about right, took em out, and measured them, PERFECT!! The T-Rex 450 Main shaft bearings fitted in sweet! put it back together and she worked great!

Will be interesting to see how long these bearings last tho!… I wonder if they will handle the speed and heat?!?

I can see you can buy the motor bearings seperatly too... May look into some if this happens again...
Arven is offline Find More Posts by Arven