HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2007, 06:36 AM
old pilot
Australia, NSW, Mona Vale
Joined May 2001
26 Posts
I use an Aeronaut folder 52mm centrepiece, with 10 x 7 blades and a 2" Radio-Active spinner. Works fine. I did use the brake at first, but found that when I turned the brake off the prop continued to spin after closing the throttle. This had the effect of slowing the plane down on the approach and shortening that long glide. Worked for me.

Cheers Paddy.
Old Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Old Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2007, 12:53 PM
USA, KY, Ashland
Joined Oct 2007
3,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Pilot
Very Attractive Plane!

Are those retracts?
mike early is offline Find More Posts by mike early
Old Nov 04, 2007, 02:10 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2006
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJayne
Tell me your joking

Mark
Many years ago, I read an RAF Accident Report Bulletin about an Avro Anson forced landing where the undercarriage had failed to lower. On the Anson, a small area of the tyre protruded through the undercarriage doors, and the pilot amazingly landed successfully on the tyres with the undercart fully retracted - BUT he also cut the engines and used the starter motor to crank the twin-bladed props horizontal before touchdown and the only damage was a broken aerial. The article included a photo of the Anson sitting on the tarmac on its retracted undercarriage, and the undamaged props horizontal.

Some pilot eh!
Flyer88 is offline Find More Posts by Flyer88