HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2002, 09:59 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Help in Removing Stick on Graphics

I'm re-covering my LT-25. I saved the cut out backing from the original stick-on windows and cut some new ones out of aluminum colored trim stick-on found at the LHS.

I goofed and put the vent winds on backwards, the ones next to the windsheild. The curve should be from the windsheidl down the bottom not adjacent to the next cabin window.

Can I remove these things without damaging the underlying covering. I've been covering this thing the last week and I'm wiped out! The covering is Ultracote bright yellow.

The graphic have only been on about 2-3 days and never been outside. I applied Windex, postioned them and then squeegied out the execess with a credit card so they may be on for life.

It doesn't look bad the way they but I'd like to do it right.

Thanks for any advice.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2002, 11:22 AM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Leave them on. Cover the curved parts.
A heat gun -might- let you loosen the adhesive and pull off the window, but it can easily tear and get permanently creased.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 09, 2002, 01:04 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Thanks, I don't care if I damage the window graphic because I can make new ones. It's the underlying covering I'm worried about.

Kelvin
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin