HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2007, 08:45 AM
Joined Oct 2006
493 Posts
Discussion
Cheap FPV Car for Kids

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...#prod_prodinfo
Saw this in the ToysRus ad and had a laugh...Little cheap FPV car with night vision. FPV going main stream.

This one is even nicer!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2339043
Domoson is offline Find More Posts by Domoson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:36 AM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,588 Posts
I bought it off ebay for $25 it was wasted money. The toy is barely usable, it is not proportional RC, B/W low res. camera, worthless LCD, no audio 70ft fixed channel video link.When car in motion video breaks so you have to stop to get idea where you headed
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Oct 28, 2007, 04:04 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,030 Posts
Oh well,

Maybe next year they'll get it right.

Pete
PeteSchug is online now Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:36 AM
UNREGISTERED USER :)
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
lol I have seen this in costco. Its a toy what did you expect.. It says its for age 8-10 EvenI'm to old for that!
damian123 is offline Find More Posts by damian123
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
I bought it off ebay for $25 it was wasted money. The toy is barely usable, it is not proportional RC, B/W low res. camera, worthless LCD, no audio 70ft fixed channel video link.When car in motion video breaks so you have to stop to get idea where you headed
Awwwwww.... hey FMKIT, I guess you got $25 worth of FPV car So you didn't loose totally Maybe time to dissect the car for usable parts for other things
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH
Awwwwww.... hey FMKIT, I guess you got $25 worth of FPV car So you didn't loose totally Maybe time to dissect the car for usable parts for other things

lol You could use the car for regular fpv gear.. Also You should convert the car either to 72mhz or 27, but not the toy 27 thought..
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:49 PM
fast
ISRAEL
Joined Aug 2007
2,588 Posts
With its low clearance and no suspention the car can ride only on smooth floor or carpet.
Thanks to the toy I had new look at my Losi and Kyosho trucks. Whole new world when camera sits on oil shocks and you fast enough to chase cats and dogs
fmkit is offline Find More Posts by fmkit
Old Dec 28, 2007, 01:58 PM
New York
Joined Apr 2007
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
With its low clearance and no suspention the car can ride only on smooth floor or carpet.
Thanks to the toy I had new look at my Losi and Kyosho trucks. Whole new world when camera sits on oil shocks and you fast enough to chase cats and dogs

Yup probably is a ne world I could imagine since I had a camera on a car with no shocks.. it sucked, but the thing was fast. Anyway You do apreciated the things you have when you see that you could have been using something worse!

damian
Old Dec 28, 2007, 05:13 PM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
1,207 Posts
Do post video of your losi (LST, Muggy, 8ight, or mini?) and Kyosho onboard
Mark Harris is offline Find More Posts by Mark Harris