SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by IwantaJet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 02:10 AM
Laughs at his own jokes.
Missoula, Montana, United States
Joined Feb 2002
1,168 Posts
Discussion
10-27-7

Flew the Renny today. The first flight went fine with a nice climbout and smooth sailing around looking for lift and a smooth landing right at my feet. Checked all controls, throttled up and away she went again.

After about 10 sec she rolled over and power dived at the ground. I got control and climbed a bit more, then killed the motor and tried to glide in to land. She was all over the sky, dropping first one wing then the other. It was all I could do to keep her level, much less turn back. I tried to power up when she got close to the trees but no response from the motor. She then dropped out of the sky and crashed.

I think this is what happened last time too. I thought it was a low battery then as it was after 4 or 5 climbouts but this happened on the second flight on a full battery. I guess it was a radio problem, probably with the Berg receiver.

Damage is heavy but may be fixable. The tail feathers came loose and one of the mounting holes in the fuse is cracked. The tip came off the left wing. The servo broke loose from the right wing. There is some rib damage at the trailing edge of the left wing. It needs a careful inspection but I think the spars are ok. I don't know about the motor and mount yet.
IwantaJet is offline Find More Posts by IwantaJet
to remove ads between posts