HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:18 AM
Lincoln
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Easy glider Electric - Spoilers/Braking

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle! I have had the Easy Glider Electric for a few months now and have learn't to fly using it and the FMS sim. My radio gear is the Multiplex Cockpit SX and a Multiplex Rx7 reciever, so there are plenty of bells and whistles available on the Rc tx that are not used yet.

So far I have really enjoyed myself she flies like a dream, apart from the odd C of G snags. My question if anyone can help is - Is there a crow braking or spoiler facility available on the model, can the ailerons be programmed to both go up or down together to dump lift on finals as I'm having a problem with overshooting on landings because she just floats along at about a meter above the deck and doesn't take nicely to too much down elevator at that stage of flight (the mud accumilated on my spinner testifies to this).

If there is a facility can anyone talk me through it , does the elevator have to be mixed in up or down to compensate? I would like to learn how to carry out landings using this method as I have just bought a Graupner Junior Sport Plus with aileron spoilers and would like to practice on the Glider EE before I move up a grade to the Junior Sport.

Hope someone can help

Cheers for now Rick.
RickSkid is offline Find More Posts by RickSkid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:35 AM
If it floats....sail it!
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2002
4,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSkid
Is there a crow braking or spoiler facility available on the model, can the ailerons be programmed to both go up or down together to dump lift on finals as I'm having a problem with overshooting on landings because she just floats along at about a meter above the deck and doesn't take nicely to too much down elevator at that stage of flight (the mud accumilated on my spinner testifies to this).

..... does the elevator have to be mixed in up or down to compensate?
Rick:

Yes, the addition of spoilerons (both ailerons going up to act as spoilers) helps a great deal in shortening your landings. Crow (ailerons up and flap down) requires separate ailerons and flaps which unless you have added flaps to your EZG, are not there to supply that function.

Adding spoilerons to ailerons is a function of your computer Tx rather than the plane. Most computer radios have that function built in. Try looking in the instructions under mixes or spoilerons.

It is helpful to also program in some elevator compensation so the plane stays level as the lift is killed. You can compensate with the stick, but it is much nicer to have the Tx do it for you. The direction of the compensation is not the same for all planes, but AFAICR, the EZG needs some up elevator as you apply the spoilerons. I have a great deal of spoiler movement as compared to ailerion movement programmed in to my EZG so it kills lots of lift, but the plane then tends to be hard to turn when the spoiler function is full on as there is not much movement left for the aileron function. I compensated for this by using reverse differential when in landing mode so it turns easier.

Be aware that spoilerons only kill the lift, they do not reduce the speed like flaps do. Don't try to make the ailerons both go down to make flaperons since it will make the plane prone to tip-stalling and it will crash.

Sorry I can't help you program that that specific Tx. Try going to the Radio or Vendor forum and ask in the thread that is devoted to your Tx.

FC
FoamCrusher is offline Find More Posts by FoamCrusher
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
Lincoln
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
Thanks Foam Crusher that is a great help, I'll go and have a look see if there is a Cockpit SX forum

Cheers

Rick
RickSkid is offline Find More Posts by RickSkid