HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
Lincoln
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Easy glider Electric - Spoilers/Braking

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum so please be gentle! I have had the Easy Glider Electric for a few months now and have learn't to fly using it and the FMS sim. My radio gear is the Multiplex Cockpit SX and a Multiplex Rx7 reciever, so there are plenty of bells and whistles available on the Rc tx that are not used yet.

So far I have really enjoyed myself she flies like a dream, apart from the odd C of G snags. My question if anyone can help is - Is there a crow braking or spoiler facility available on the model, can the ailerons be programmed to both go up or down together to dump lift on finals as I'm having a problem with overshooting on landings because she just floats along at about a meter above the deck and doesn't take nicely to too much down elevator at that stage of flight (the mud accumilated on my spinner testifies to this).

If there is a facility can anyone talk me through it , does the elevator have to be mixed in up or down to compensate? I would like to learn how to carry out landings using this method as I have just bought a Graupner Junior Sport Plus with aileron spoilers and would like to practice on the Glider EE before I move up a grade to the Junior Sport.

Hope someone can help

Cheers for now Rick.
RickSkid is offline Find More Posts by RickSkid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:02 AM
Fresno, Calif
Joined Aug 2005
888 Posts
Hi Rick

You can program spoilerons or flaperons. I have tried both on the EG and feel that you can maintain better control using spoilerons, while still being very effective in landing. Either one will work. I don't have Multiplex, I use a 9C Futaba.

Just as a guide I think I use about a max of 40% for spoileron and only about 10% for elevator. You'll just have to experiment.

Fred
fredeich is offline Find More Posts by fredeich
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:22 AM
Lincoln
Joined Oct 2007
11 Posts
Fred,

Thanks for the prompt reply, are spoilerons the ailerons both going up together? If so have you programmed a button on you TX for that particular function?

Thanks

Rick
RickSkid is offline Find More Posts by RickSkid