SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2010, 08:36 AM
Nederland, Overijssel, Hengelo
Joined Sep 2009
123 Posts
**Giggles maniacally**

I should get mine next week
Dayum these sweeties are hard to find nowadays..
dijko is offline Find More Posts by dijko
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2010, 10:36 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdugas View Post
hi,not sure if i need to put prop adaptors on so set screw goes in flat on moter shaft or does the adaptor go on as far as it can like book says ,and do i need to grind a flat
there, the flat on moter shaft is close to end of shaft all stock setup
thanks in advance
mike
I think i just lined them up so my set screw hit the flat, try it and dry fit your cowl and spinner to check clearance
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old May 19, 2010, 02:01 AM
Baton Rouge, LA
Joined Dec 2009
20 Posts
Anyone have any problems with this plane failing structurally?
I spent quite a bit of time building it. Flew it last weekend. It took off great, banked nicely. Went into a fairly shallow dive and when I tried to pull out, she folded on herself. Catastrophic structural failure. It should not have happened. I'm pretty peeved over the poor quality of this model.
Aardwolf is offline Find More Posts by Aardwolf
Old May 19, 2010, 10:29 AM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
Anyone have any problems with this plane failing structurally?
I spent quite a bit of time building it. Flew it last weekend. It took off great, banked nicely. Went into a fairly shallow dive and when I tried to pull out, she folded on herself. Catastrophic structural failure. It should not have happened. I'm pretty peeved over the poor quality of this model.
Dont surprise me at all...I noticed that right off with mine and reinforced it with carbon fiber...also dont leave it in the sun at all..the cowling and canopy will melt and deform....DJ
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds
Old May 31, 2010, 03:37 PM
Joined Aug 2003
592 Posts
hi thanks ,didnt like stock adaptors so i put on a pair of hyperiron 3mm long collet
adaptors ,am happy whith them,
mike
mdugas is online now Find More Posts by mdugas
Old Jun 01, 2010, 08:55 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,419 Posts
structural failure...just happaned to me.

i had been flying mine for many months. was very happy with it! on it's last flight i had it right over head in level flight and i heard a loud "snap." the wing cracked in half right in the middle! she came down hard, in a spin. it's repairable...mostly some clean cracks in the wing and the nose cone is kind of beat up. have not repaired it as of yet......

i had read that these were kind of brittle, and i found out the hard way that it's true!
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:03 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jan 2003
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
...also dont leave it in the sun at all..the cowling and canopy will melt and deform....DJ
Wish I had read this forum BEFORE I left mine out in the sun on the flightline.
None of my other planes on the flightline were affected by the sunlight.

I called Hobby People today and talked to a gentleman named Russell, who was willing to sell me new cowlings/covers. I'm guessing they would have the same problem as the ones that came with the kit.

I asked about a warranty replacement, and he told me that no one else was having this problem. Looking over this thread I counted 3 or 4 others that this has happened to. I'm guessing there must be others.

It's a shame too, because the plane flies so nicely.

Guess I'll just have to leave it as is until it goes in. When folks ask what happened to the cowlings, I can relate my experiences with Phase 3 & Hobby People to them...

Chuck in Indy
indyrcpilot is offline Find More Posts by indyrcpilot
Old Jul 30, 2010, 08:31 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,112 Posts
I found, after melting my cowls some, that a simple old t-shirt thrown over the plastic parts is enough to keep them from melting. Mine aren't that bad so I just decided to leave it as is too.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:34 AM
Newton and I are good friends
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Jan 2009
2,050 Posts
This ones for sale in classifieds... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310179
olwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by olwarbirds