HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 02:02 AM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Discussion
What all I got.

I am only 4 months into this hobby and so far I have only flow RTF planes by Hobbyzone. My first plane was the Phantom. Cheapest way to get 3 channels. I have crashed and repaired it so many times. The first thing to bust was the thin carbon fiber tail boom. There is no fix that is sold for it at Galaxy Hobby where I bought it, only for the larger Freedom and Commanders. I repaired it skillfully with hollow aluminum stock from the hobby store. It porposed a little from the weight, but I adjusted for that. Flew fine through quite a few crashes untill the aluminum just could not be re-bent straight and snapped. I am only on my 2nd wing and ....4-5 tail. It was even run over by a car. It's a trooper.

I have purchased a BLT (Basic Light Trainer) by Great Planes. It will be my first balsa build since I got 1/2 way building a Metrick RC-29 sailplane by Top Flite. It has been handing up for 15 years. Time to finish it!

I am intrigued with micro flyers and magnetic actuators. I have purchased a few rubber-band planes to conver when I get more adept.

That's all for now.
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread