SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:20 PM
Joined Aug 2005
32 Posts
Discussion
$30,000 Spektrum BVM Super Bandit

Well I was digging around my computer not to long ago and came across some pictures I had taken at a local Fun Fly.

I had attended the St. Charles Jets and Giants show in July as a crew member. During the show Spektrum had been showing off there new jet that they had constructed with the help of BVM jets, At the time They said there where only about 6 of them.

Well after a while of showing off they finally took it to the flight line, and man could this thing cruise! It flew just beautiful, they where doing high speed inverted passes and all kinds of awesome stuff!

Then as they came across at a slower pass not 10 feet off the run way, the jet started to shutter. The nose tilted up a little and you could hear a huge CRACK!
It looked like the thing had materialized! It started floating away down into the field just slowly floating it seemed like while a pile of debree shot past the actual model, and after it all hit the ground they went out to pick up the pieces. It happened at a good time, at least the position wise, I wish it didn't happen at all but, if they had been flying toward the runway or in a different pattern it could have gone near the crowd so all in all it was a safe crash no chance a spectator could have been hurt.

Well no body really knows what exactly happened, I asked some people but didnt really get any answers. Infact some time later when i went to Ircha I saw one of the Spektrum Reps who had been there helping pick it up, and build it. I said hello and like a good rep he had a smile on his face and said hello back. When I mentioned the Jet at St. Charles his face instantly turned to a frown and he said where still investigating, turned his back to me and walked away.

Well Spektrum never told any one that happened they left it on the down low. So now you know what happened, Oh and they crashed there Spektrum 33% Extra the next day.

This is in no way a post about "Bashing Spektrum" Infact I have a DX7 and its my favorite radio!

Here are some pictures, Notice the pilot has no head lol.
uselessmidget is offline Find More Posts by uselessmidget
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:09 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Simi Valley, CA
Joined Feb 2007
2,024 Posts
wa, wa, WOW!

Not that is a bad crash, especially the cost of that jet!
flyin C is offline Find More Posts by flyin C
Old Nov 01, 2007, 12:08 PM
Justin Owen ~ MoJo Aviation
Grayson, GA
Joined Nov 2006
48 Posts
What really sucks about crashing jets is usually, the jet is totaled.
stinger40 is online now Find More Posts by stinger40