HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GWS CHEN, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 04, 2008, 12:56 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Jason-

I'm sure you've got it listed somewhere, but I'm just curious as to what your power setup is in your Skyhawk?

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2008, 03:35 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Tram, I will be happy to answer your question in my build thread. At the request of Mr.Lin I do not bring it up in the the GWS forum as its not GWS equipment.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post10675165

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Oct 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,508 Posts
After a summer off - I finally got the chance to fly the "Scooter" again. Stock motor and fan - still going strong. I like to roll the throttle on for scale takeoffs - but today on takeoff - I hit a bump that launched me into the air prematurely. Fire walled it and she took it in stride! Love the way she turns and burns!

Now - where is my F-4?

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr
Old Oct 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Final colors.

I meant to post these in here as this is where I originated with my A-4 in the early days. These are pics of what my A-4 looks like now and the plane I used as a subject. Came out very well I think.

Jason
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:27 AM
FAA Commercial Pilot
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay
I meant to post these in here as this is where I originated with my A-4 in the early days. These are pics of what my A-4 looks like now and the plane I used as a subject. Came out very well I think.

Jason

it's awesome.....good looking

what's the total weight with battery?
how did u land the A4 smoothly? with power , little power or power off?
people said landing with power on will be stable....
gws shaqchang is offline Find More Posts by gws shaqchang
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:57 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,508 Posts
You should be in the habit of landing all planes power on, especially EDFs. I land at about 1/5 to 1/4 stick.

Jim
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:11 AM
Italy, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Fontanafredda
Joined Apr 2005
670 Posts
I have been landing my A4 power off and greasing every landing. I just raise the nose a little and let it settle in. I'll only use power to adjust the sink rate if I'm coming in short. The lower AUW/wing loading of these foamys lessen approach speeds and stall tendancies and make them pussycats to land.
R/C Dallas is offline Find More Posts by R/C Dallas
Old Oct 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
gws shaqchang, My RTF weight is 52oz.. I am not using a stock power system so I must run 2 4S 2250mah packs in parallel. I can fly for about 7 minute of full throttle but rarely fly that way.

You cant see them in the pictures but I have 3 1/16 ply skids that hang down in the scale weapon hard point locations that protect the Belly and servo's. The reason for doing them this way is so when I do retracts in the next few months, those skids will become ordinance pilons and carry Feul tanks and missles .

When Landing I come in at about 1/4 throttle and cut to 0% power just before touchdown to avoid sucking up and FOD.

Jason
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:52 PM
FAA Commercial Pilot
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoJay
gws shaqchang, My RTF weight is 52oz.. I am not using a stock power system so I must run 2 4S 2250mah packs in parallel. I can fly for about 7 minute of full throttle but rarely fly that way.

You cant see them in the pictures but I have 3 1/16 ply skids that hang down in the scale weapon hard point locations that protect the Belly and servo's. The reason for doing them this way is so when I do retracts in the next few months, those skids will become ordinance pilons and carry Feul tanks and missles .

When Landing I come in at about 1/4 throttle and cut to 0% power just before touchdown to avoid sucking up and FOD.

Jason
cool...dude...
extra few oz. for the retracts....
is it too heavy for flight???????
Old Oct 14, 2008, 04:14 AM
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,216 Posts
Nope, it actually flies at around 100mph. It is currently bungee launched but could be hand launched. The bungee just works well for me. She will lose some weight when I get some bigger single LiPo packs. She flies very well indeed. Handles wind very well too.

Jason
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:17 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
I am thinking about getting this plane. I have a E-go HiSpeed B-20412L 4700rpm/volt inrunner.

These are the specs:

E-Go HiSpeed brushless Motor
Modello B-20412L 4700rpm/Volt :
Rpm(Kv): 4700Rpm/V
current: 1,10 mA
Resistance: 0,041
Weight: 66g
Length: 40mm
Diameter:20mm
Shaft Diameter: 2.3mm
ESC Rating: 20A

Would this work in this plane? From Towerhobbies.com, they have the NPS non-painted plane. Does that include the EDF, without the motor?
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:26 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,508 Posts
Per GWS - The A4 EDF NPS (white) kit includes EDF75 outer case, new impeller and 3mm adapter. I don't know that motor - the 75mm fan needs a fairly big motor to spin it up.

Jim
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
Ok thanks. What would you give this plane on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the best flying.
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:40 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,508 Posts
OK - lots of folks have slammed it - mostly for problems with the stock motor. I'm running mine bone stock - and have a great time with it. It's a hot rod - a solid 7, maybe an 8. For me, the weak points are 1) main landing gear were too stiff (replaced with some castoff GWS P-38's with coils) and 2) short (but intense!) flight time with a 2250 3 cell. Don't go cheap with the battery - the EDF will push the battery hard. Some folks have put much bigger batteries in for longer flights - the fuse is pretty big to accommodate.

It's a good model - much better than the J10 - and performs really well for me.

Jim
Old Oct 16, 2008, 11:41 PM
FAA Commercial Pilot
Taiwan
Joined Sep 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot glue
I am thinking about getting this plane. I have a E-go HiSpeed B-20412L 4700rpm/volt inrunner.

These are the specs:

E-Go HiSpeed brushless Motor
Modello B-20412L 4700rpm/Volt :
Rpm(Kv): 4700Rpm/V
current: 1,10 mA
Resistance: 0,041
Weight: 66g
Length: 40mm
Diameter:20mm
Shaft Diameter: 2.3mm
ESC Rating: 20A

Would this work in this plane? From Towerhobbies.com, they have the NPS non-painted plane. Does that include the EDF, without the motor?

GWS-A4 , good performance with......
GWS 55A
GWS EDF75-BL2815(3700kv)
11.1 V 25C 2200mAH

total weight app.950g