Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:38 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Discussion
$13 Bucks ! RC Single Wing Toy 2 channel Toy Plane $

Just back from Farm and Fleets opening Toy Sale, have an RC Single Wing 2 Channel plane for $13 Bucks ?? Wow, not an Aero Ace but a fun flyer...

Had it out already in somes gusts, difficult to keep it in the wind but the magnet rudder did respond and managed a few flights, then ventured towards the Fieldhouse blocked some of the wind and circled well several times, took a few attempts, is a single powered prop for up and down, hold the rudder for left or right, off in neutral, a give away deal, rechargeable flight battery, comes with transmitter requires 6 AA'S and your ready charges in about 10 minutes, suggest alkalines...<>..

This is the same plane Trendtimes offers at $38 dollars....

http://www.trendtimes.com/single-wing-micro-plane.html

BEST
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
The Great NorthWest
Joined May 2007
1,007 Posts
That's cute! .
Just kiddin'....I had to say that .

Heck for 13-bucks it sounds like ya already got that much worth of $'s in fun outta it! You surely can't go wrong at that price.

You enjoy the weekend,
Xwingnut
xwingnut is offline Find More Posts by xwingnut
Old Oct 20, 2007, 09:58 AM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Trendtimes is a ripoff-- almost always.

They cater to those with disposable incomes that want the "toys" but are not necessarily "in-the-know".

I remember them having the PicooZ (havoc heli) for $99! I almost fell out of my chair laughing!!

I just may find one like this... looks like fun!

Rod
osmenthe is offline Find More Posts by osmenthe
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Yep, I fell for them on my early ventures, ordered a Hydro Flyer, big bucks, not worth the price, but it does show the correct plane...

Flew Aero Aces and back into the hobby, still the best toy plane todate, but gads 13 bucks, is a fun flyer, great stocking stuffer...<>..

Now have the uh oh, Phase 3 Swoop, only progressed to trainers todate, managed couple launches, waiting for winds to settle, it zips...
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnppmy
Yep, I fell for them on my early ventures, ordered a Hydro Flyer, big bucks, not worth the price, but it does show the correct plane...

Flew Aero Aces and back into the hobby, still the best toy plane todate, but gads 13 bucks, is a fun flyer, great stocking stuffer...<>..
I have yet to pick up an AreoAce- want the bi-plane one and the local Wal-Mart has been out of them forever. I heard they're great fun. I'll either do that or find a nice contra-rotation heli to fly indoors because it doesn't look like the wind and wet is going to lift here for quite some time.

Rod
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:12 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
You have to fly the Aero Ace, Farm and Fleet Toy sale today has them at $24.99, both single wing and bi-plane, also prefer the bi-plane as turns on a dime...

Amazes me they fly near 10 minutes, response is great, after flying several Aero Aces, launched it out our store only a few feet into the parking lot, missed the passing car, hah, sharp turn around and back to an easy hand catch, nothing like it...<>.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnppmy
You have to fly the Aero Ace, Farm and Fleet Toy sale today has them at $24.99, both single wing and bi-plane, also prefer the bi-plane as turns on a dime...

Amazes me they fly near 10 minutes, response is great, after flying several Aero Aces, launched it out our store only a few feet into the parking lot, missed the passing car, hah, sharp turn around and back to an easy hand catch, nothing like it...<>.
Is this a local store or chain? Farm and Fleet Toy
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:21 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Today is the big Grand Toy Opening Sale...

Far as I know they very well could be in several of the chain stores, this is the big toy store opening today, if you have a Farm and Fleet, check it out...<>.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Nope none near me http://www.farmandfleet.com/stores/default.aspx

I'll probably just pay the 29.99 walmart wants for one... If they ever get them back in!!

Rod
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:31 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Here's the online add for starting Christmas Toy Sale 10/20, click on Christmas Toys...

http://www.farmandfleet.com/promotions/
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:37 AM
All Glory to HypnoToad!
New Plymouth, ID
Joined Apr 2005
288 Posts
Ahhh! It's a SilverLit!

That explains a lot. Probably the best "cheap" toy company out there. I have never had an issue with any of the products that have their name. Well I did have a broken PicooZ, but that wasn't their fault.

Enjoy that plane, It's a good one.

Rod
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Yep, just found it on page 20 of the above online link to Farm and Fleet is on page 19 of the Christmas Toy link, Silverlit, flys great, at $13.89, a deal, hi hi..<>..
Old Oct 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,683 Posts
D'oh! I was in town today and forgot to stop by Toyland on my way past F&F

Edit: so I had dinner with a friend tonight, stopped by F&F afterwards, and picked up a Singlewing. For $14, I couldn't pass it up
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Last edited by Bugman Jeff; Oct 20, 2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:49 PM
Right turn, right...ouch!
Cromwell, IN
Joined Jul 2007
228 Posts
This same plane is sold at TRU, it's under the fastlane brand name but still made by silverlit. The plane sells for $20 dollars. I have one and love it, unlike the AA's you "can" turn with power off, it climbs nice and has a good glide path. I love to get plenty of altitude, power off, glide as close to the ground as I can and power up. The only draw back is the use of a 3 cell nickel pack instead of lipo's, but I here it can be modded for lipo's.

Meldrac
Meldrac is offline Find More Posts by Meldrac
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:50 PM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Flew the Singlewing later this evening, still windy but smoothed out abit, first attempt the darn thing boomeranged back and nailed me, so 2nd throw and again hit me, was still some winds, must have a built in homing device, last had several flights into the wind, flew pretty well, does alot better without the breezes but made for some great fun....took some licks into the turf but light foamie, no dings...<>.. impressive..<>..

Been awhile since I've flown the magnetic rudder, each flight gets better, climb rate on this one is very good, watch out for mid-day thermals, up up and awaaay, lost two Aero Aces in lift while at altitude, where's the downstick, hi hi..<>..
Last edited by wnppmy; Oct 20, 2007 at 11:02 PM.