SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by SPasierb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:48 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,262 Posts
FAQ
Invasion Stripes on WWII Aircraft

Those magical black and white stripes. They look great and are a breeze to do on wings, but they can sometimes be tough to paint on the compound fuselage curves of our models. Somewhat easier in applications where iron-on covering is the order of the day. Always worth adding to scale warbirds. But how many and how wide? Where do they go? How do they space in relation to insignia?

Occasionally folks post questions and have entertaining debates about order and such regarding invasion stripes. Quite some time ago I had tucked this photograph away in some dark corner of my hard drive and just stumbled across it again tonight. It is a Great Britain teletype from June 5, 1944 and provides an excellent reference.

By clicking on the photograph below it should open large enough for all to read. I hope you enjoy it.
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Last edited by SPasierb; Oct 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts