SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
Dear Bill,

I assume that the "FPV Expander" will collect and display the same RSSI information the E-logger already does (Lost frames, Holds...), right?
Is there an easier or faster way of getting a signal strenght indication like the analog signal ?

If I could just hook up a wire to my E-logger in order to have something like a numerical value (0-100) or a bar graph displayed on my screen, It would be already extremely useful.

Actually, RF link and A/V link monitoring are two essential parameters and any OSD system should have. Id be one of the first to order if Eagle Tree releases a device like that.

Thanks in advance for he attention.
diasyuri is offline Find More Posts by diasyuri
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Thint, understood!

diasyuri, analog RSSI is supported with the OSD Pro, but you have to find an analog RSSI signal within the Rx. Here's some info:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130784
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
Hi Bill,

Ok, my fault. I was so involved that I forgot to mention that I was referring to the Spektrum receivers problem.

As a Spektrum radio user I face the problem of not having the choice of displaying the RSSI parameter in its simplest form, like a bar graph or a numerical indication (0-100), once we cant find an analog signal inside these RXs.

In this sense, even with the OSD Expander making possible the use of RSSI diagnostic and having the GPS connected at the same time, Id like to see the signal strengh in a simpler form in my screen. DPCAV.com have a device which converts this Spektrum elaborated digital signal in an analog form, so we can just hook up a wire like in any other RX in the market, but apparently it only works with DX7 model. So, I was thinking that maybe ET could make a similar product which works with most of the Spektrum RXs, what do you think ?

Concerning the Video RSSI monitoring, I guess it could be done by conneting the RSSI signal from the AV receiver to the ET ground station, just a guess.

Well, I talk too much. Im stopping here.

Thanks for your reply.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:58 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
diasyuri, I'm surprised that the RSSI they have for DX7 wouldn't work for DX8. I wonder if it's just not been tested? Maybe ask them if you could try it and return if it doesn't work?

Re display of RSSI in a "cooked down" form, I suspect we will do this once we get the FPV expander out there. However, it's an interesting problem!

Re Video RSSI, more thought is needed on this.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2011, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
Bill, actually the device I mentioned is from Flytron.com, not DPCAV and I had a few words with the technical support and they told me that the signal converter was discountinued.

The reason they say, its because Spektrum is producing different receivers under the same product name. The person who answered explained that today its possible to buy three or four AR6000 all lokking the same but each one with a different protocol.

They also told that they sold 30 units but 25 sales were refunded because of the reason just described.
Old Apr 06, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
That's interesting - we have access to a DX8 and will try out the interface with an eLogger.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:51 PM
50 Km south of PARIS (France)
Joined May 2010
10 Posts
Sure that all my questions are not in the adequate thread but ....

I'm the owner of two Flight Dta recorder since several years ans always software updated ...
Recently I acquired G-forces expander, Gardian Stabilisation expander and FrSky 2.4 Ghz modules with telemetry.
First is there any possibility to connect the FDR with the FrSky telemetry port instead using the seagull transmitter?
Secondly: How to connect the Gardian expander to the FDR without using the OSD pro ??
Frenchy Tomcat is offline Find More Posts by Frenchy Tomcat
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi,

There is not compatibility between the FrSky and ET telemetry equipment. Also, the Guardian is not presently supported on the FDR. It's presently supported on our eLogger based systems. Sorry about that!
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 18, 2012, 05:29 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Working RSSI for Spektrum DSMX :)

Hi to all,

im able to show rssi on my eagle tree osd
the display shows 100% when the rx/tx are near together and 0% at the moment the failsafe is activated.
the unit i use is called "DORA" and is available on ebay from "kraehe2007"
this unit works with all new receivers "DSMX" even in DSM2-mode.
on my eagle tree system the installation was very easy, just activate the display in the osd and rerun the rc-wizzard to teach the osd which voltages are for tx on or off to make a scale from 0 to 100%.
there is a potentiometer on the unit to adjust the output voltage to osds with different maximum voltages, like ezosd.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1