HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2008, 03:36 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts
Hey Bill

Rx (JR921) was powered at 5.8V all the time.

Recorder on 5.8V -> doesn't work.
Recorder on 4.8V -> works as advertised.

I was powering the recorder through the Y-cables with 5.8V.

I was powering the recorder with an additional battery (and no Y-cables) with 4.8V.

J

PS: I'm almost done building another heli (hence my break from RCG), this time with a Spektrum AR7000 (or AR9000) receiver. I'll post the results with that receiver once I get to it.
InsomniaZZZ is offline Find More Posts by InsomniaZZZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:29 PM
USA
Joined Nov 2004
90 Posts
Is there any way to get both the Spectrum interface and GPS working at the same time with the eLogger v3?

Thanks!
vassilis is offline Find More Posts by vassilis
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
J, thanks for posting the results of your experiment. We are now able to repro this also. There is a limit of the voltage with the Spektrum cable and the recorders (not the eLoggers) as you have determined. We have updated the documentation to indicate this.

Vassilis, we are working on a solution to provide support for both GPS and spektrum simultaneously.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2008, 07:46 AM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Bill, are there any plans to connect a XPS receiver/system ?
(xtremepowersystems.com)

xps wrote:
We will have an "Eagle Tree sensor" for our telemetry system that lets you plug in an Eagle Tree flight data recorder to our system to get all of their data back in real time.

To me it's not clear, can I use an eLogger and transmit the telemtry data down via the XPS module and at the flight transmitter I have a panel to see the data ?
What parts are offered from you and what is offered from XPS ?

regards Volker
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Last edited by mr..speed; Sep 02, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2008, 09:07 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Bill,

I have to say that after some searching, this thread is the only place I've seen mention of this incompatibility. Is there a solution for the GPS/Spektrum incompatibility yet? Thanks,
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
J, thanks for posting the results of your experiment. We are now able to repro this also. There is a limit of the voltage with the Spektrum cable and the recorders (not the eLoggers) as you have determined. We have updated the documentation to indicate this.

Vassilis, we are working on a solution to provide support for both GPS and spektrum simultaneously.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2008, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Mr. Pibb,

Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to use the Spektrum and GPS interfaces simultaneously. This is becoming much more popular now, especially with our FPV customers.

We are making progress on the simultaneous GPS/Spektrum support, though it is not getting done as quickly as I would like.

The Spektrum cable manual is now updated to make this shortcoming clear.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 04, 2008, 12:08 PM
Love anything RC
Alexandria, Virginia
Joined Mar 2008
3,575 Posts
Oh man, this sucks! thanks for working on that. I hope it can work simultaneously soon. i guess we can leave the spektrum cable unplugged for the moment.

Quote:
Hi Mr. Pibb,

Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to use the Spektrum and GPS interfaces simultaneously. This is becoming much more popular now, especially with our FPV customers.

We are making progress on the simultaneous GPS/Spektrum support, though it is not getting done as quickly as I would like.

The Spektrum cable manual is now updated to make this shortcoming clear.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
merlin703 is offline Find More Posts by merlin703
Old Dec 10, 2008, 08:29 AM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Bill,

Is this going to work with the existing hardware, or will it require a new interface module of some sort? I was just thinking through the possible solutions and realized that one of the solutions may be to use a module to "translate" the spektrum data rather than trying to talk to the Spektrum RX directly. I'm assuming the conflict is that both the GPS module and the spektrum interface are trying to talk via the same type of serial interface?
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2009, 07:56 AM
Joined Aug 2007
767 Posts
Quote:
And with our new eLogger V3, the parameters can be displayed after your flight on the PowerPanel LCD Display, and/or logged and downloaded later for post-flight analysis.
HOW? I don't see this as an option on the PowerPanel config utility. Am I missing something (as usual)?
misfire is offline Find More Posts by misfire
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Misfire,

Sorry for delayed reply. Unfortunately, we were unable to support the Spektrum data displayed on the PowerPanel. Sorry about that! We offer 3 ways to see the Spektrum data:

1) The Windows software (logged)
2) Our OSD products
3) the Seagull Telemetry Dashboard

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:00 PM
Torrance
Joined Feb 2005
1,409 Posts
what about Futaba FASST rx's? is there a place to tap into to see how well it performs in flight?
JustinONE is offline Find More Posts by JustinONE
Old May 26, 2009, 07:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
Gps/spektrum Status

Never mind, will look into OSD
AeroM'ck'y is offline Find More Posts by AeroM'ck'y
Old Feb 15, 2011, 06:01 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
hi Bill,

i use Spectrum RX and OSD Pro with gps-module and the MicroLogger (V3 & V4).
As far as I know theres not way to get GPS and Spectrum Interface working together on the same data-port.

Is there a chance to get this problem solved?

Greetings
Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:13 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Thomas, our upcoming "FPV Expander" has a separate port for Spektrum RSSI.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:23 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,309 Posts
hi Bill,

no - i dont like the expander an its possibilities. ive built a new model for this year and there are so many servo-cables with toroids inside and so many hours of work to make these connections. also a new 9k receiver, new video downlink, ... - with the expander ive to throw mostly all of this in the trash

im waiting for the expander since your first post last year, and ill be one of the first customers .... but in the meantime ive to work with the existing components ... there i miss the rssi for spectrum in combination with the osd.

greetings
Thomas
Thint1 is online now Find More Posts by Thint1