HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2002, 09:41 PM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,595 Posts
HELP!!im looking for a GOOD sport electric sailplane any and all ideas welcome

Help, im looking for a good sport electric sailplane ,hopefully for under 400.00 for motor/controler and plane,i only need controler if its a brushless motor........ Cause i have a couple of 30 amp controlers laying around so who do i call ?whats the web site?hopefully between 68 and 90 inch span with a light wing loading.ive got the radio and servos covered,so give me your ideas.....please , rudder ele ok or full house ok,id prefer new but good used ok,if youve got an idea,post it or if possible email me ..................Den37917@aol.com thanks
[all caps fixed by AW]
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2002, 09:50 PM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Read my Filip 600 review on the main ezonemag pages (link above). You can equip this with a moderate brushed or brushless motor and it flies like a dream for a 2M model..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Dec 05, 2002, 10:12 PM
sewing machine thumb
United States, CA, Palo Alto
Joined Jul 2001
2,305 Posts
I haven't got mine yet, so I can't give you a flight report, but the WindDancer from Polecat Aero looks great if you're into thermalling.
Frank S is offline Find More Posts by Frank S
Old Dec 06, 2002, 08:39 PM
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Mar 1999
1,141 Posts
2 meter Omega from NES
Hammer is offline Find More Posts by Hammer
Old Dec 07, 2002, 07:24 AM
in front of p c
Joined Aug 2002
151 Posts
sobox

i noticed your in canada ,im from ontario and i was very pleased to find a guy near toronto with some real nice gliders from chec,

good prices also! www.soboxplanes.com

fledge ps i like to but in canada because at least that way there is not as many surpises!!! shipping and brokerage hurts!!
fledge is offline Find More Posts by fledge
Old Dec 07, 2002, 08:02 AM
Joined Mar 2002
7,595 Posts
Thanks for the ideas Fledge!but im in Ontario California not the other CA. And thanks to all others for their ideas.....keep them comming.....Dennis
Old Dec 07, 2002, 09:47 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
1,959 Posts
have you looked at Art Hobby

I have a couple of Art Hobby planes and they are excellent value, and good thermal and electric performers too. They're light in weight too and this helps.

the Andromeda 2m and Castor 2.5m are the ones I have.

try www.arthobby.com

you might need to interpret the instructions a little but if it's not your first plane and you don't mind a little assembly work you'll enjoy them.

Philip
pocket rocket is online now Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Dec 09, 2002, 07:00 PM
Joined Mar 2002
7,595 Posts
thanks to all that gave me ideas on whats out there!!!all the info that was sent was some good stuff,one im looking at is the 1.8m pulsar,im thinking poly wing ,w ailerons....speed 400 cosmotec gd 10 or 11 -8 BUT in finding this setup i had a different plane in mind....lets say it was a place in the north east that sells sailplanes.......they had a plane on the weekly special ,so i ordered one!or so i thought,i ordered it thurs gave all my info,address, credit card no.ect,ect....i called them sat and they said all i did was to inquire about it,so i ordered it again,but they wernt sure if one was in stock,so i called back today(left work early as the hours are 10-6 est without pay) and called again,nope dont have one,actually all they had was one!!!!why put it on a weekly...or is it weakly special if all you have is one?but i dont want to give the name as they are on this site.......lets see ,sell sailplanes in the northeast.............thanks again to all that responed.....Dennis
Old Dec 11, 2002, 04:57 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Dennis, I know you havent had great luck with (that place) but if you are looking for a sport sailplane check out the Electra from Nesail, I think its on sale. Good plane , I have one............R........ http://www.nesail.com/Topmodels/electra.htm
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Old Dec 11, 2002, 07:05 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
FVK Bandit..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic