HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Cruzsin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 05:32 PM
Joined Dec 2006
348 Posts
Discussion
Old school

I decided it was time to get one of my "old school" airplanes back in the air.

My Songbird needed a few fixes,so I began a complete rebuild.Originally 78",I had cut the wing down to 72" when I first built it.I glassed the entire wing, rather then monocote,then painted it .

I had also made the horizontal a flying stab rather then a flapper when I first built her and decided to keep that feature.

The fuse,always the weak point in JM glasscraft kits,really needed work.I ran carbon throughout the wing saddle area.I also put on an extra layer of 4 oz glass on the outside of the wing saddle area and the entire vertical section.

I also added flaps for those tighter LZ's

Here she is.
Cruzsin is offline Find More Posts by Cruzsin
Last edited by Cruzsin; Nov 17, 2007 at 09:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts