HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SassyCat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 01:17 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Yeah, I learned that lesson pretty quick. First landing and I break the prop.. figures. It was really the only real landing though. For some reason any time I planned to land it something weird happened and I wound up climbing a tree or hopping in the lake to retrieve it.
SassyCat is offline Find More Posts by SassyCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2007, 01:28 AM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Well if you have any more landings like those I have one request..... Video!
Just kidding of course. What kind of plane where you flying at the time? Some planes are easier to land then others I know from personal experience.

I remember back in the stone age when I was starting out. I was flying a plane called a Buzzard Bombshell. I was making my landing approach alongside a chain link fence. I was trying to land close to me. And the plane was rudder only. So no throttle or elevator. Just rudder. Andy way I was gliding in and I would have bet you any amount of money I was on my side of the fence with that plane.... You guessed it! I landed that sucker right on top of that fence!

It tore some holes in the covering on the bottom of the plane. And it stuck there! Were talking a fence that was over my head. And a Big ole plane too! So I know all about landing in places other then the place you meant to!
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2007, 02:36 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
LoL that sounds like it would have been funny to see. I do have access to a video camera so now I at least can capture it if something funny happens.

I tell you, I wish that I had when I went into the lake on video camera. I was flying Fitz's zagi at the time. I don't know what happened but it snapped in half and wound up in the lake... not near the shore either. I felt pretty bad so I went in to get it. It was November though, and it was COLD. But I did manage to get it. Fitz was really cool about it though and didn't complain even though the battery pack was lost and I got the seat of his car wet.

Fun Day. >^.^<
Old Oct 16, 2007, 07:58 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Now there is a video i would like to have seen! At least you saved the plane and electronics from a watery grave!

You know if you were even able to just keep a Zagi under control you would have no problem flying a TM.

And you are right that it was funny to see that plane sitting on top of the fence. Now if I had tried to land there it would never have happened!

You know some times you have to just sit there and laugh when something like that happens. Oh and speaking of getting the car wet.... I just realized that I left my window down and sunroof open all night. And it rained, all night..... Oh boy is that going to smell nice later....
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Hmm actually I don't know if the plane was flyable after that. Fitz never told me.

It was my first time flying a Zagi, so I didn't really get much time with it. It was a lot more maneuverable than the plane that was mine though, I think it was called a sky scooter or something like that. I can't remember.

Yah, i know what it's like to get the car rained in. My old car the window stuck so at times I couldn't get it back up. In the end, the car smelled sooo badly I couldn't stand to drive it anymore.

So how'd you get the plane down, off the fence?
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
The son of the guy who taught me to fly brought his hippy Wagon ( Van fixed up for welll you know!) and it had a ladder on the back to reach the top.
We parked his van along side the fence. Climbed up the back of the van and reached the plane that way.

I am sure that made a funny sight to see too! But all is well that ends well. The plane flew for years after that.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Heh, too bad you don't have a picture of that.

Van fixed up for what???
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:25 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Well Lets just say that Tom Bodet didn't need to leave the light on at Motel 6 for him....
It was rather cushy and plush in there shall we say.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2007, 01:29 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
ohhhhhhhh i see *blush*
Old Oct 16, 2007, 01:33 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
I was trying to be discrete........
Anyway back to planes! Do you have any equipment now?
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:11 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Nya, nope. The only things I have left are a couple of battery packs and a battery charger.. I don't know if it works anymore though. I haven't really tried in a while. Without the plane there's been no reason to charge them.

It's ok, I'm embarressed I couldn't figure it out on my own.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:51 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCat
It's ok, I'm embarressed I couldn't figure it out on my own.

REALLY ?!........especially with a kid of her own I'd have thought......
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:54 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987tc
.....there are people out there that are best avoided. She wants to be around positive people.

I HEARD that !.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Oct 18, 2007, 08:26 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
No worries Usta She is on the other side of the country from you.
Now where is that 12 guage....
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:32 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
yup, you'd think