HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SassyCat, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 02:02 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Discussion
Boy How They Grow

about 5 years ago I found out I was pregnant... boy how the time flies.
SassyCat is offline Find More Posts by SassyCat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2007, 02:09 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,810 Posts
I hear you. Mine was that size yesterday. I got up this morning and he was 24, engaged and with a son on the way.

Can't quite wrap my mind around "grandpa," but I like it. I started young. He did too. Pretty cool, since I'm still young and I'll get to spoil a little kid for a long time to come.
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:28 AM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
Don't feel too bad.... Just yesterday I finished high school ( 1976) and now I have a 26 year old son in the Navy, A 17 year old that can throw me accross the room and and a 15 year old daughter that has me wanting to look for a shotgun!
Nice to see you back on the board again Sassy!
And that is a great looking kid there! So I would say it was time well spent with him so far.
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:41 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Hmm, this is not really encouraging guys. Are you saying that before I know it I'm going to be a grandma? That would be wrong on so many levels. I mean what kind of grandma has the nickname "SassyCat", really?

He is getting big really quick though. Next year he'll be in Kindergarten and then what am I going to do with my days?

Thanks Wes, I think he's a pretty good looking kid to. Chip off the old block. Ahem, just kidding there.

Aw come on don't give your fifteen year old daughter a hard time. It's hard enough feeling normal at that age. When you got a dad wanting to chase off any guy that looks at you, it makes things worse. Believe me, I was in that situation.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
Actually I am not really worried too much about her. She has a good head on her shoulders. She is a little doll but also knows there are people out there that are best avoided. She wants to be around positive people. So I have high hopes for her!

Don't feel bad about the possibility of being a grandma. There are some cool grannies out there!
And Sassy Granny has a little something going for it don't you think?

So has he started flying yet? Could make a good activity for the two of you to share.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2007, 04:27 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Ah! This is far too soon to even think about being a grandma someday. I'm just starting to figure out this whole motherhood thing..

Okay not really, I'm still winging it, but at least I don't break down and make phone calls all the time to find out what to do anymore.

Nope he hasn't started flying yet. Actually I haven't gotten any flytime in since Fitz left to Houston. I don't have my sensei anymore. And my plane got totally trashed in the move.

That's why I've been on lately. Been looking over the posts and trying to see if there's anywhere closer than Fort Worth to go. That and I really need a new sensei because I'd rather learn without tearing 3 or 4 planes up.

Fitz said I was a fast learner, but he never got to finish teaching me.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
Well there is always the olde reliable Tigermoth! I have a friend that is dieing to learn to fly. And she is starting out on that. I want to help her to learn while I am able to.
She also has a real interest in Helicopters so she is going to get a Blade CX2 to learn how to beat the air in submission.

There are a ton of good Ezoners in Texas and I know someone would be happy to help you get back into flying.
Too bad you are not in Indiana! I now have a 1 acre yard to fly in and a lot more open land really close.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2007, 05:14 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
A tigermoth.. will have to check it out.

I know there's lots of good Ezoners in Texas, but most life in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth. I don't think many if any at all live out in Mineral Wells in the sticks. The one person that did live out here that I knew has moved away.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 05:41 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
I just talked to a friend in Texas and he is about an hour from you.
It is a small world. I have a Niece who lives in your area and my oldest sister used to live in Mineral Wells.
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2007, 09:13 PM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
An hour away? Fort Worth is an hour away. I was kinda looking somewhere I could get to without spending most of my day getting there and back. (Somehow, an hour long drive takes forever for me. I have to schedule a whole day around going into Fort Worth to do even something quick.)

Yeah I looked up an old post where you told me about your sister living in Mineral Wells. That is interesting since Mineral Wells is really small. It's getting bigger, but slowly.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 09:21 PM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
You know with a Pico Tigermoth you would probably be ok learning on your own. They will fly pretty well with no interference from a pilot. And they are pretty cheap now.

Eflite also makes a nice little Cessna Centurian that is a rtf and actually flies pretty well.
The only thing about that one is that you would not be able to transfer the electronics later.
Do you have FMS to practice with?
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
no I don't have FMS. I think I did on my old computer, but when I gave my old computer to my sis I haven't had it since then.

Actually the flying I could probably do .. might be a little scarey at first but I think I can do it. The taking off and landing is what I worry about doing on my own. I mean, my experience with landings so far is 1)In a tree, 2)In the lake, and 3) breaking the prop because I didn't angle it right.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:19 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
I have a friend here that I am teaching to fly. She has never flown a thing. But the PTM is so easy to fly AND land that it was the natural choice. Take offs and landings are just so easy. And if you build it mostly stock it is light enough that if you do have a boo boo it does not do all that much damage.

I actually hit a telephone wire with one of mine. It did the tightest loop around the wire you ever saw. But did not do any damage.

Tower has the kit for $45.00 with the stock motor. They are making them a bit stronger now so I am confident that you would be fine with it.
After all cats have 9 lives right?

If there is anything at all I can do to help feel free to ask! It would be great to have you get your wings!
Wes
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cat With Wings
Texas
Joined Mar 2001
316 Posts
Hmm, that sounds good. And it's not too expensive for us (we have about $5.00 in the bank account right now.. LOL).

I'll let you know if I need any help. Thanks for everything so far.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:28 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
Of course! Glad to help. And by the way, I buy props by the package!
RCG Plus Member