HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:31 PM
Joined Oct 2007
1 Posts
Discussion
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (you get the idea...)

I'm looking for help troubleshooting an Aquacraft Supervee 27. I just purchased this boat a few weeks ago, I put a pair of "Venom 3600" batteries in it, ran it, no problem... a couple of runs later, wipeout! Boat capsized into the reeds and when I recovered it, it was upside down and filled with water. The box leaked and "fried" the receiver. I figure good time to upgrade to an FM receiver and radio. I install it and test it out, it works great. Now, after running great for a while, when I connect freshly charged batteries and turn on the remote control it just beeps? not the same "single beeps or series of 5 beeps" you hear when you "arm" the motor. I tried disconecting and reconnecting, turning off the remote and turning it on etc...

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,
Mark
usrem is offline Find More Posts by usrem
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:56 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
2,976 Posts
Hi usrem.
It could be that the throttle on your new radio is not trimmed to zero. Try adjusting the trim down until the beeping stops. When I was programming a different speed controller it kept beeping on selection mode. Adjusting the trim down a bit fixed it. That's all I've got . Someone else will have another suggestion soon. Good luck.
Regards,
Paul.

Sorry... Didn't notice that you had just joined. Welcome to the forum.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:52 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,617 Posts
the esc isn't seeing what it recognizes as nuetral from the radio. as mentioned it is fairly easy to fix, with a futaba(also with futaba throttle reverse on) 3pm tx set the throttle trim to negative 26, other radios run the throttle trim down till it stops beeping, then arm the unit like normal.
Rex R is offline Find More Posts by Rex R
Old Oct 12, 2007, 03:50 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Hi Mark, both Boats en Rex are probably right! Try this, switch your Rx on first and with the throttle fullforward switch your Tx on, usually the Rx recognizes this setting and finds it´s neutral. You could of course RTFM if you still have it or surf the net to see if you can get hold of it! GL Eugčne
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo
Old Oct 20, 2007, 03:02 PM
RELAX. You'll live longer
Brisbane- Australia
Joined Jul 2007
2,976 Posts
So usrem. How did it go? Did you get it sorted out ? What was the problem?
We need closure.
Regards,
Paul.
785boats is offline Find More Posts by 785boats
Old Oct 23, 2007, 06:11 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Yes Mark, we need closure, share please!
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo