HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2006
317 Posts
Discussion
Does this sound right? (Blade CP Pro motor)

I'm starting to hear some weird sounds (or what I interpret to be weird) coming from my BCPP. (See attachment)

It almost sounds like something is grinding, but I'm not sure what. It has a new mainshaft/gear, which I lubed before I put on. The gear teeth seem to be mated tightly to the pinion (assuming that's the thing poking out of the motor ). Don't know if there is such a thing as "too tight" there.

The gear doesn't appear to be rubbing against anything else, including the canopy, plastic ties, frame, etc.

It may just be normal noise, but it seems to me it didn't sound like this before, and I'm also seeing what I perceive to be shorter flight times which could also suggest undue friction.

Thank in advance for any help!!
rgoodwin is offline Find More Posts by rgoodwin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2007, 03:00 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
The main gear should not push hard against the motor pinion. It should just touch it, with very little or no play at the 'high spots' on the main gear and a very slight amount of play at the 'low spots'.
zen@lanset.com is online now Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com