SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:38 AM
Joined Nov 2005
17 Posts
New Product
NEW Electric Sailplanes made in China!!!

SKYLARK
cndstv is offline Find More Posts by cndstv
Last edited by cndstv; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,262 Posts
Looks like it will make a good budget hotliner. They should produce a full carbon version...
skyzking is offline Find More Posts by skyzking
Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:31 PM
PNF
Los Gatos, CA
Joined May 2005
4,422 Posts
Those interested also see:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683849
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755108
infopimp is offline Find More Posts by infopimp
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:56 AM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,262 Posts
Ahhh now i recognise the company, i knew it sounded familiar...
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:22 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,186 Posts
Thay have a distributor in Australia.I can't beleive that nobody still did not buy a single model from them .Would be nice to have an opinion from fellow/sorry ,mate/ RC flyer.
Yuri.
Dbox is online now Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Oct 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,262 Posts
Yuri, ive seen multiple photos of their productions thanks to their Australian distributer. I have seen a video of their F3B ship which was deemed to be similar to a European model. The aeroplane flies same as any F3B ship and the quality is very similar to some of the European models. I know of many people who have purchased these aeroplanes but no one wants to put it up on RCgroups due to the recent debates. I was looking at purchasing their F3B glider before i purchased my F3B Eagle, but the kit weight was a little high for what i wanted to do with it. The aeroplane (their F3B) is a perfect match for slope and F3F racings. Thanks to these people, now more people are able to afford composite sailplanes.

On behalf of these people, THANKS A MILLION !!!
Abdullah...
Old Oct 11, 2007, 07:29 PM
Gravity gets me down.
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Oct 2004
2,070 Posts
Which model were the molds pulled off this time?
wingbeat is online now Find More Posts by wingbeat
Old Oct 11, 2007, 09:03 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,186 Posts
I dont recall anything that I am familiar with from Europe, with this span and light poly wings.Most planes this size have straight or lite dihedrial wing.
I am talking about SKYLARK.
Yuri.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:30 PM
what makes that thing go
Useless Bay, WA
Joined Sep 2005
2,039 Posts
That realy looks alot like an Ocelot wing, the bolts are in a different location.
ploof is offline Find More Posts by ploof
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:55 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploof
That realy looks alot like an Ocelot wing, the bolts are in a different location.
Thats what first comes in mind,exept for the tail ,Ocelot has a V-tail.
But who cares, famous "Tiger"/made in China/ sells by "HobbyLobby" copied from "Vilco" sells by Top Model Chech Republik ,which copied from ...what was a name ....Dieter told me the other day at the field....Oh..."Twister" German designer,dont remember name.
Ocelot is great flying model ,did not have one but lots of positive feed.
The only thing remains is a quality.That is why I ask people who have one to respond.
T-tail makes it more attractive and less drag of course.Love T-tails.
Yuri.
Last edited by Dbox; Oct 11, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:18 PM
what makes that thing go
Useless Bay, WA
Joined Sep 2005
2,039 Posts
I ended up checking out a few images of Ocelots those tips, and plan form are very similar looking. They also have the same airfiol an MH30, or something like that.

Take care, Ploof
ploof is offline Find More Posts by ploof
Last edited by ploof; Oct 11, 2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:06 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,692 Posts
The Tiger is an unauthorized copy of the 2001 Leodolter (Swiss designer and 2-time F5B WC) Evolution, which was squandered by Ripmax and Tower Hobbies. Hobby Lobby gets the Tiger through the German firm Graupner.

Dieter Mahlein, ShredAir
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old Oct 12, 2007, 03:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2003
1,455 Posts
Glad to see more people (companies) get involving in the mouldie business, the quality of my CATs are OK (supposed to be tigre, lanyu.soeed freak wilco.evolution.......but it aint have a proper name in mine,so cannot tell which is copied of which copies..).
Be frankly, the price of these said to be copies from those newly established mouldie maker in china is still at some 'UNREACHABLE/ UNPRACTICAL' level to most LOCAL Chinese hobbiest and,the most attractive advantage from those local made mouldies to me is the TRANSPORTATION fee!!!..from usually 100+USD (up to 290 EURO!!!) to less than 7 USD !!! with train delieveries.
I dont like illegal copy practices in whatever products, but nevertheless the one to be blamed should not be just directed to china sides, because from some personal experience, many china factories are just taking order to 'make' same items that brought from the customers. (In a minor case, I have personally seen a foreigner brought an ORBIT 20 motor to a motor maker and asked them for making the same based on 'HIS' design...<still got a pic of that 'wonderful copy in somewhere of my pc>>!!. and similar cases DO HAPPEN all around in many differnet commodities..)
I hope more and more own design products come out from those qualified mouldie makers, so that more people will be able to enjoy that part of hobbies at a more acceptable pricings.

David
C-MIC is offline Find More Posts by C-MIC
Old Oct 12, 2007, 03:04 AM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,262 Posts
The Skylark doesnt look like anything i know of...
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,186 Posts
David,why dont You get one and tell us how it is.What would be better then your expertise.And shipping is almost free
It might be a next world wide "explosion" in terms of price/quality/
Yuri.