HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:10 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Cool
Announcing the eLogger V3!

Please visit this post in our vendor area for more info!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=754979

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; Oct 19, 2007 at 05:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:31 AM
The frigin Catalina wine mixer
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Bill,I have an older style.Are you taking trade ins?

Don
flightmare is offline Find More Posts by flightmare
Old Oct 10, 2007, 04:35 PM
Advanced Learner
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Dec 2006
2,753 Posts
Ditto
StarmanDXE is offline Find More Posts by StarmanDXE
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
HI All,

Re upgrade path, we generally offer that for products that we can phsyically upgrade (like the non-firmware upgradable FDR to upgradable version).

In the case of the MicroPower, the units cannot be physically upgraded (different PC board, microcontroller, components, etc.). This means that in your hands the V2 is a great, extensible logger for which we will continue to offer new sensors and software enhancements. But in our hands its a paperweight. :-)

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:26 AM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
So... I take it that's a no go on the upgrade policy....
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Oct 2004
4,322 Posts
when?
airmcn_3 is offline Find More Posts by airmcn_3
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:54 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Because of the agressive pricing on the MicroPower we aren't able to offer an upgrade or step-up program at this time. Customers who have purchased a MicroPower V2 logger within the last 30 days will be able to exchange their V2 logger for new Version 3 logger provided they can supply a copy of their sales receipt.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Because of the agressive pricing on the MicroPower we aren't able to offer an upgrade or step-up program at this time. Customers who have purchased a MicroPower V2 logger within the last 30 days will be able to exchange their V2 logger for new Version 3 logger provided they can supply a copy of their sales receipt.
what about the users who have continued to buy the the new sensors ie brushless rpm sensor,altimeter expander,airspeed expander multifunction expander,logging memory expander...At 30.00 a pop,that is close to 120.00 in the last few months..I have continued to support eagle tree systems for 2 years..
Old Oct 11, 2007, 04:20 PM
Advanced Learner
Joined Dec 2006
2,753 Posts
I don't understand why people are continuing to press the issue It's not like Toshiba is going to offer to give you a new computer because they released a new model. It's not like Ford is going to replace your '07 car because they have an '08 now. Why should they be expected to replace your V2 with a V3???

Also, the V3 doesn't come with any brushless rpm, altimeter, or airspeed sensors built in. You'd still need to buy those for the V3...
Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
USA, CA, Buena Park
Joined Oct 2006
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarmanDXE
I don't understand why people are continuing to press the issue It's not like Toshiba is going to offer to give you a new computer because they released a new model. It's not like Ford is going to replace your '07 car because they have an '08 now. Why should they be expected to replace your V2 with a V3???

Also, the V3 doesn't come with any brushless rpm, altimeter, or airspeed sensors built in. You'd still need to buy those for the V3...
That's some analogy..
You can hardly compare to a new computer or a new car to a seventy dollar item..And I am not asking for anything free.I feel they might want to give the users that bought there product early on,and did alot "testing" for them to rid the product of any bugs...the product continually evolved into a better product..the real R&D was done out in the field IMO..
You missed the point entirely about all the added sensors.Thanks, But I already new that the V3 did not come with those built in.My point was that I have fully suppoted the Eagle tree line, and have a few dollars invested...These are the users they should be taking care of,not just the recent user's in the last month or so....
Old Oct 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
Advanced Learner
Joined Dec 2006
2,753 Posts
Yeah, but I'm sure it's hard for them to differentiate between "loyal users" and "new users" (excluding those with purchases within the last 30 days).

As he mentioned, they already priced their device very competitively. $70 seems pretty reasonable for the V2. Now, they have the V3 at $70 also. If they offered some sort of trade-in for the V2 (which they have no use for...) they will be loosing money (assuming the price of this new V3 is that low.)

Why not just sell your V2 for $30 and buy the V3? Won't that be the same thing that you're asking for?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 06:26 AM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Oct 2005
455 Posts
Electric Expander.

Hi

Any chance that the V3 will be able to use the Electric Expanders to give a second current measurement?

Two RPM's is a good step forward for uses with my contra rotating brushless motors, but two current measurement would be even better.
Basingstoke Roy is offline Find More Posts by Basingstoke Roy
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Regarding upgrade, the most important thing to us is to have happy customers. Based on your feedback, we've decided to offer a V1/2 to V3 upgrade rebate of $10. This is about a 15% discount for customers who continue to support us.

To take advantage of this rebate, purchase your V3 from any authorized dealer or direct from us. Within 30 days of receiving the V3, mail in a copy of your V3 and V1/V2 purchase receipts, and we will mail you (or paypal you at your option) the $10 rebate. Rebate requests should go to:

Eagle Tree Systems, LLC
ATTN: V3 Rebate
4957 Lakemont Blvd. SE,
Suite C-4, PMB 235
Bellevue, WA 98006

Roy, that's an interesting suggestion re dual currents. I will look into that.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:31 PM
Advanced Learner
Joined Dec 2006
2,753 Posts
Nice of you

But, I'm willing to bet you can still get at least $30 for a used V2
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Starman,

To be clear, with the rebate you get to keep the V2 to sell, use, or throw away. We don't want it back. :-)

Bill
Site Sponsor