HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2007, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2007
50 Posts
Discussion
Does anyone know how reliable this 4 channel j-3 is for a beginner?

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Channel-RTF-RC...QQcmdZViewItem

I was looking for 4 channel planes and this one popped up and is very cheap which is why I am hesitant.... Real j-3 4 channel are about 150 I found and this one is 80, I was just curious if anyone knows how good this particular plane flies if anyone has bought it.....
racerzeke is offline Find More Posts by racerzeke
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2007, 08:50 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
I doubt it. Some people have bought those cheap Cubs off eBay, and they are severly under-powered and they just don't fly right. Therefore it wouldn't be a good beginner plane at all.

Bill
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:02 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
That plane on ebay will cost you $96 after shipping.

Go to Hobby-Lobby's Beginners RC Electric Airplanes and pick out something there. Their shipping is only $8 I think.
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Last edited by Sir Raleigh; Oct 09, 2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2007, 09:07 PM
inconceivable
Joined Sep 2006
1,946 Posts
I agree with Bill, are you looking for a ready to fly trainer or a semi-scale trainer?

I like the Bellanca at hobbylobby as it gets you airborne cheaply, thing is with the gear used it is a low outlay as for all these types of model the gear is next to useless as you progress and will be redundant, i would get the Bellanca, looks nice and a bit of low cost fun for $100 with a pretty certain guarantee of success, flies nice too!

Maggie.
margaret.roberts is offline Find More Posts by margaret.roberts
Last edited by margaret.roberts; Oct 09, 2007 at 09:23 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 02:30 PM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,541 Posts
Although the advertisement tells you that its a 4-channel plane, all of the pictures clearly indicate that there are no ailerons. Either the pictures are of the wrong plane, or the advertisement is incorrect. In either case, it seems that they are trying to puill a fast one and I would stay away.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L